Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Tail gater

Two questions, one is bought a new tailgater for one tv & vip211z receiver. On my coach I have a antenna selection switch device which has four connections in the back. 1 Output to TV, 2 Aux satellite input, 3 Cable input, 4 TV antenna input. Question is do I remove the Aux Satellite cable or the Output to tv in the back and put the cable coming from the receiver to where the Aux satellite/ Output tv was? I know just to put the cable on the tailgater and one end on one off the connections I have in my compartments. Second question: I need to change both battery's in my coach when I remove the battery's do I have to reset anything, like auto levers, radio, Can I leave it plug in to 110 when changing the battery's?
Thanks in advance.
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #2

Depends on where you connected the tailgater to. This diagram may help.
Are you running the HDMI out port on the receiver to a TV? The roof mount sat antenna shown is only provisions for a permanent roof top install. The VIP211Z receiver does not have a coax cable out port, only HDMI. The VIP211K has both an HDMI and coax cable output port though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	72035  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

Most that use a 211z (like us) use a Composite to Coaxial modulator. Then you can connect straight into the switcher box. Here is one that we use http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Compact-RF...oaxial+adapter.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #4

Was just getting ready to post this info. I just finished wiring for a two output wingard satelite antenna. I have a 3 tv 2013 327 georgetown. I found the unit was prewired for and outside tv located in the compartment behind the door. It was labeled (park cable). In the center compartment over the driver seat there is a compartment with a false panel that can be removed. Behind this panel a found the splitter that supplies signal to all tv's. My splitter had 5 cables attached.
1 input and four out to tvs. I connected and old vcr to the input and removed each wire to find the tv it supplied. After finding the three that feed the inside tv's i hooked an old tv to the cable outlet in the compartment. It was receiving the vcr signal. I disconnected this cable and attached it to my 211z receiver and hooked the antenna cable to the park cable connector and everything works. Hpoe this helps. I think most units may be prewired for and outside tv and this cable can be used without having to run a new wire
william brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #5

A little more info. In the bedroom i installed a new cable for the second receiver. It was actually easy. I removed the false back in the little compartment under he right side closet. I could see where wiring was run throught the floor. I checked under the floor, found a clear area and drilled a hole for the new cable. I installed a new cable wallplate in the rear electrical compartment. After taking out the 2 drawers i gained access to the space inside the wall. Icut a small hole beside the 110 plug and pulled the wire up from the floor. Installed a wall plate for the cable. Took about 4 hrs but well worth it
william brock is offline   Reply With Quote