Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

Thanks for good service

I am very new to driving a motor home, just 3 weeks into my 38' Georgetown XL, but I have already had a run-in with a gas station barrier resulting in broken sewer lines. Fortunately I was 220 miles from FR HQ in Elkhart and late on Friday afternoon made contact with Kevin in the service department. He was most reassuring, had me drive to Elkhart, had an appointment for me first thing Monday am, and within two hours, I was repaired and back on the road. I have read several bashings of FR on this site, but I want to publicly express my appreciation for the service and courtesy I was shown by Kevin and the folks at HQ.
echambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
NELA

Yes....THIS!

thank you SO much for posting GOOD NEWS about Forest River.

Wish more folks would do this. EVERY person who is unhappy will vent for days on end, but the customers with good news seldom post a peep.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #3

Well.... That's Great.
Forrest River 1
All others ???

I have a 2007 373 Georgetown, and its not that Great.
I have had too:
Replace furniture before its time. (you know what I mean)
Steps that are a little on the "weak" side (to say the least)
ceilings that need regluing
hydraulic hoses of questionable quality.
All these things just make it pass the one year warranty.
and then its
" I'm sorry, but its out of warranty"
But that's just my experience
All of there things happen within the first couple a years.
perhaps others were more lucky than me
if so they can chime-in on this too.
But what can I expect for a little under $100,000
Other than that, its been a pretty good machine.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #4

Yes Kevin is a great guy. But before I give Kevin and the Forest River service department a pat on the back I will give you the hole story about my 2012 378XL. I bought it in April of 2012 the day I was going to pick it up the dealer called and said there was a hole in the holding take and it would be a week before they get the new one. Got that all fixed and pick it up and parked it on my seasonal lot for the summer and plans to go to Florida to escape the Michigan winter months. Then sometime in mid May I found water on the dash windshield was leaking back to the dealership but it was three weeks before they could look at it. Got it in the first of June then got it back in two weeks they had to reseal the windshield. Got it back all good NOT. Well some how they shorted out my king dome back to the dealer July 10 another three weeks at the dealer. Sent the King Dome back to be rebuilt. Got it back all is good. Finally got to take on a trip up north and all was good. In November head to Florida had a good trip down. Then had a few problems show up down there. The bathroom door warped the fireplace would not stay on the LED readout on the radio quiet working and the awing started bubbling well when we got back to Michigan in march back to the dealer. They replaced everything under warranty. Then in October I was washing the roof oh no I found spider cracks in the fiberglass. Panic time going to Florida the first of November Emailed Forest river pictures after a week of emails they said they would fix it in the spring and go ahead and patch and take your trip. Then had smoother things I found driver seat flaking weld on ottoman and step broke Called Kevin and set up an appointment for March 31. Got there gave Kevin the list of things to be fixed and did a walk thru to see if there was any water damage from the roof crakes all the inside look good. Got a call May 19 to pick it up. Got at Forest River and did the walk thru with Kevin and told me the things they found and fixed Here is the list new toilet had a bad seal new outside shower head readjusted all cupboard doors. So Kevin and the service department are great and went above and beyond my expectations. I would not have a problem buying another Forest River product and I am a happy camper. Sometimes its not the company's fault but the supplier's quality issue.
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service