Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #21
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountryboondocker
I think Camping World took over Sirpilla’s.

My parents and grandparents always liked Avalon themselves.
Avalon rarely has any motorhomes and never Class A's. I wish they would take over from our Georgetown dealer. Those folks were great and then really flushed themselves down the toilet, service-wise. And all I'm trying to do is get these friggin' HEHR dual pane windows that failed replaced. I've been asking them since late September to get me replacement windows and finally had to go the owner.

Now they finally got the six replacements (out of nine total windows...) and said they have no openings to do the recall until August. It's less than four hours work, 20 minutes per window.

I'm trying to calm down before I bitch to the owner again and copy every email where I asked them to set me up with a future appointment so we would be read to go when the windows arrived.

I'll probably file an NHTSA complaint. I had one window literally within inches of falling off to the ground.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:41 AM   #22

I'm sorry for your loss. My entire travel traveler was stolen from Camping World in Belleville, MI while in for a simple repair. I absolutely filed a police report. In fact, the police officer asked the manager when they were going to change their lax security (no gates, free access on/off the property 24/7, no cameras, etc.) as thefts of coaches had become a norm there. File a police report.

My travel trailer was insured and I did receive a payoff from my insurance company, but I also hired an attorney who negotiated what I found to be a fair settlement for the contents of my travel trailer as I did not have renters/homeowners insurance at the time of the theft and thus, none of my contents were covered.

As at least one person suggested, go out with signs and "advertise" what happened. My friend stood first at the front door of the Camping World (inside) and yelled at the top of her lungs what happened to my camper, and then she walked through the store yelling about the theft. It got people's attention. I would most definitely contact the corporate office as well.

My thoughts: do what works for you because Camping World knows they are causing losses for people and they don't care.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:37 PM   #23

If you want to have fun, buy a broken Nintendo Switch cheap on eBay and setup a hidden camera on your next visit. Plus it may actually solve the problem moving forward because they will know who to fire.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me one bit I'd they left the door unlocked for the entire visit and some rando visiting the business got in there and helped themselves.
adaycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
I hope you went into your Amazon account and deregistered that firestick.
Never thought to do that, but doing it now!! Thank you!
Franji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:21 PM   #25

You might want to go to the device summary for that fire stick device and record the serial number.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:25 PM   #26
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

When my camper was in for repair, it was broke into/left unlocked, and my landing gear was snapped off. It was not this way when it was dropped off, however when I dropped it off on their lot I signed an acknowledgement that I dropped it off, in that paper was fine print that said that they were not liable for any damage or theft while in their possession or on their property. They fixed my landing gear, but filed a claim through my insurance company. I was pissed when I found out but it was too late for me to do anything about it. The way I found out about it, I needed my battery torque wrench and drove to the dealership to get it, but found this and my torque wrench was gone too. Never went back to that dealer
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:09 PM   #27

Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately most paperwork you sign has a clause stating to take valuables out and they are not responsible for your things going missing. Not a great note to pass on but most dealers in RV and automotive industry will state this or post on their wall or counter.
Hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:34 PM   #28

Camping world

Forget them I would never go there!!
K Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaycj View Post
If you want to have fun, buy a broken Nintendo Switch cheap on eBay and setup a hidden camera on your next visit. Plus it may actually solve the problem moving forward because they will know who to fire.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me one bit I'd they left the door unlocked for the entire visit and some rando visiting the business got in there and helped themselves.

Very,very likely they left the door unlocked while it was on the lot. you have no idea how many people had been in and out of it.

It's too late for camera now, but there are a lot of them out there had are only about 1 inch square. Most run off usb cable. Some have motion detection so it only records when it sees motion.
Another option is trailcam that hunters use.
Either way you will have proof that the RV was either left unlocked, or an employee stole your stuff.

If it was left unlocked, CW WOULD be responsible due to negligence.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:10 AM   #30

We have two ring cameras we set up in the coach when we drop for service. We had a front slide repaired and I mounted one camera to watch the work and the other to see if they crossed a line to the back where they had no business being. When one crossed to go in the back I called service immediately and asked why a tech went back and informed them that it was monitored. He apologized and said he had not see. Our model and wanted to see the layout. Nothing was taken but you bet they were on their best behavior.
2LaneLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:41 AM   #31

How about hiding an apple tag on devices they might steal?
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:43 AM   #32

I had thousands stolen from my unit last year in Springfield, Il. the cushions, all my fishing gear.... they ended up not charging me anything for the $4,500 "repair". I did go to corporate. I did call twice a week. I did file a claim with my insurance. FILE A POLICE REPORT. GO TO FACE BOOK AND CONTINUE TO WRITE ABOUT IT. They have a corporate relations team that doesn't want bad publicity.
lfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:13 AM   #33

2 times I have been stolen from, the first time I was naive and left a, electric heater in my under bed storage thinking it was safe because the repairs did not require them to be there. wrong, they go through everything to see what they can take. The second time I accidentally left my surge protector attached to my power cord and took it to the factory for repairs. stole that as well...my stuff goes bare bones now. Sad world we live in that we cannot even trust a repair to go through without theft or damage.
https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...00&format=jpeg
scayne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:38 AM   #34

You all need to name names so us folks can avoid those unethical dealers.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:04 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Camping World

Avoid the whole chain. Not necessarily because of this, it's not a good idea to leave stuff in a trailer that's in for service. But because they're generally terrible.
cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Firs time it was Tom Raper, which is now Camping world, second time was at the Prime Time Factory repair center...
https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...00&format=jpeg
scayne62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair