Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #1

Thermostat

So now that I’m using my RV is my office, I’m getting to know its intricacies a little bit better. One of the things I’ve noticed is that when the air conditioner gets the temperature to the one sit on the thermostat, I hear the fan shut off for about a second and then it starts right back up again. I have the fan set for AU Assuming this means Auto and that the fan will stay off until the compressor needs to come on again. Anyone experienced something like this?
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #2

I have not experienced it and don't remember why, but it is "normal" on some RV stats. If it bothers you then you can change it... that is a new set of issues and opinions.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Yeah, that's normal. When the temp is getting close to setpoint the fan stops for a few seconds and switches speed. It will do the same thing when it drifts away from setpoint too.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #4

It’s going from a low or high setting to the opposite. When it gets really hot out I’ll Set my fan to lo and just leave the fan run the entire time. Figure it’s better than the fan always trying to find a speed or setting it likes.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:11 AM   #5
2018 31L5

My 2018 31L5 the fan runs on low always when set to auto until need increases and then it switches speeds automatically. Has always worked that way on mine.
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat