Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #21

Look up Elkhart RV Surplus and Master Craft in Shipsawana, IN. Should be many sites. Good Luck.
Frankiejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #22
I Break Everything

Our 2015 pealed as well, About 4 years in I contacted someone through the Forrest River website. They asked me to take pictures of the damage and numbers under the seats. I did and they sent all replacements within about 3 weeks. I don't know how long we're gonna keep this one before we get another one. I've got the new ones in a box waiting for the sale.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #23

Thanks for the info, however, I threw out the crappy sofa and Euro recliner, ottoman in the dump where this crap belongs. Anyway, how long would the replacement covers last? I called FR about the peeling sofa and recliners and the front Captains chairs and was told I was 2 months out of warranty. I will go to Elkhart, IN in the Spring and replace everything out of the many Elkhart RV surplus stores.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroads4Me View Post
That's all completely new furniture. It was ~$4,500 for all including shipping and a few minor additional options. Of that, ~$1,100 was the dinette which we chose to do in order to complete the look of the full set.
So they build it to match what you have? Or these were stock items you were able to order? Seems like a great fit to be just stock. And it looks awesome!
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #25

In nearby Shipshewana, IN is the Mastercraft furn factory with a huge showroom. They will make whatever you want. Flexsteel has a factory in Elkhart. Great camping prices at Elkhart Fairgrounds.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #26

It's not just a FR problem, my Montana furniture is the same. I'm in the middle of doing my own with $600 worth of microfiber fabric. The cost of having it done professionally seems high until you consider the level of effort that goes into it.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNJ View Post
The new furniture looks awesome… And will not cheap… Definitely better than the 9K for a recover we saw earlier. What was the install process like? Did everything fit easily? Are the seats as comfortable as you had hoped? Which package did you go for? And does the seat by the door recline? All my stuff is a mess and I’d like to replace it. The fact that the couch has storage underneath it is a bonus too. I’m guessing you’re pleased with the outcome?
I apologize for the very delayed response. We took off to the Smokey Mountains shortly after my last post and I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the time.
I ordered the "Consulate RV furniture package with Ultimate leather in the colors Macademia and Desert Taupe". It's a standard package, you just choose from the standard dimensions (they literally have drop downs for dimensions). My actual receipt is below. Everything fir perfectly.

The install process was surprisingly easy. The furniture is clearly designed for an RV. It comes in pieces that easily fit through the door then once inside they just snap together with spring locks. Those same spring locks are on the old furniture so you're able to take it out in pieces. These RV's just aren't built anything like a normal car or truck, the old furniture was simply screwed to the subfloor with wood screws. The seats are bolted to the pedestals with four bolts. I probably had all of it out in an hour.

The new seats bolted right up to the old pedestal. Literally four bolts each and you're done. The seats are all very comfortable and fairly firm. I paid for a "High resilience foam" upgrade on the seats because the foam in my old ones was broke down and I wanted to avoid that in the long run. After feeling the foam in the other furniture, I doubt that was necessary. I also added the option of "flexsteel captain chairs swivel base handle extension" for the simple reason that I had no idea what it was, but for $9 I wasn't about to let it hold up my install. I did not need it. Finally, I added "manual pneumatic lumbar support". The seats already have much better lumbar support than the old ones and this just allows you to pump some air in the lumbar with a rubber bulb like the kind used to check blood pressure. It works just OK.

I installed the couch first since you can always adjust the spacing between the table seats to make up for a slight variation. It fit perfectly. As a bonus, in the process I learned I had an outlet behind my couch! The only slight complaint I have is that you can see a little bit of the frame at the end of the couch behind the drivers seat. This is because the armrest come off in order to lay the couch flat.

The table seats went in just about as easy. The only thing I had to do was move a junction box slightly that was screwed to the floor so that it would be inside the seat and not under the base of the seat. My biggest complaint about the entire set is how the table is mounted. If you see in the picture, it comes with a single pole that you mount in the middle. It's VERY unstable. My old table hooked to the wall with two clips. If you look, I have reused those clips from the old table with my new table. That added a lot of stability, but what is not pictured is that I eventually moved the single pole from the middle out towards the edge of the table. Now it's finally stable.

The recliner is very nice and comes with a small table that can be removed or placed on either side. We would have probably preferred a Euro style recliner just due to the smaller size, but if you're going to use it much, this one is perfect. One thing that some might be more concerned about is that it doesn't have a convenient way to bolt it to the floor like my original recliner did. I started to make something that would work but ultimately just decided not to worry about it.

Overall, we're very happy with all of it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1744.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	244384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0842.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	244385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0843.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	244386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0839.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	244387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0844.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	244388  

Old 12-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #28

Few more pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0840.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	244390   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0841.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	563.3 KB
ID:	244391   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0838.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	244392  
Old 01-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #29

[/QUOTE]The recliner is very nice and comes with a small table that can .....
.........a convenient way to bolt it to the floor like my original recliner did. I started to make something that would work but ultimately just decided not to worry about it.

Overall, we're very happy with all of it![/QUOTE]

That set looks absolutely wonderful.! The description from shop4seats refers to their covering as "Ultimate Leather" which pretty much sounds like the same stuff we all are having trouble with. After getting your hands on this set do you feel the covering is superior to the original? Can anyone else weigh in on the shop4seats quality? Thanks in advance.!
Old 01-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #30

It feels superior, more like a suede than a leatherette, but of course only time will tell.

Tags
tire