Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #1

Tst tpms

First of all I know we all have had problems with things we have bought and getting them taken care of can even be more of a problem. I have had my TPMS for 2 year and started to have some problems with 2 sensors. Called TST and talk to Jim we talked about my problem and he said to send it in and sent me a Mailing label to retire them. After he received them he call me and we talked about the problem again telling me that he couldn’t find the problem I was having and he said he would do some more testing. Call me back later and said it was doing the same thing I was having problems with and said he was going to send me 2 new ones. I had all ordered a new color monitor. Made one trip with the new monitor and had problem with the display at night. I called and talked to Stephanie and she asked me to send her some pictures of the monitor in a dark room so I did in a few hours she called me back and said there is a problem with it and will send me a new one. I have heard of other people having some problems with their Products and how good they take care of them and they took care of my problems with out any problem it is so good to find a company that stands behind their product when there is a problem. Thank you TST.
Thanks
BennyChaney
Benny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Good to hear if I have any problems, glad they took care of you.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #3

I went to change the batteries in my TST sensors and when I unscrewed the caps on all 4 of them discovered all of the "O" rings had turned to powder. If you change batteries you might want to have new "O" rings handy.

TST did send me 4 new rings when I explained my findings and suggested using di-electric grease on them when reassembling.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #4

TST has the Best customer service
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
I went to change the batteries in my TST sensors and when I unscrewed the caps on all 4 of them discovered all of the "O" rings had turned to powder. If you change batteries you might want to have new "O" rings handy.

TST did send me 4 new rings when I explained my findings and suggested using di-electric grease on them when reassembling.
Spare O'rings came with mine, pretty good of them to send you some. Any correct sized O'ring form a hardware store or https://www.theoringstore.com/ should work.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
TST has the Best customer service

Wondering how many other brand TPMS you have run and requested customer service from.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Wondering how many other brand TPMS you have run and requested customer service from.
Well I owned a tire minder and was not happy with the quality or operation. Replaced with a TST and it is great.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Well I owned a tire minder and was not happy with the quality or operation. Replaced with a TST and it is great.

OK that makes a comparison of 2 brands. One was better than the other.
"Best" implies better than all others.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #9

I have a solar one for $35 that never needs charging but the display is weak and it only does 4 trailer tires. Wanting a better unit I bought the TST 507 which is nicer. I upgraded to the color monitor when I heard it could be set for either of 2 different trailers. Then found that once parameters are set for one trailer the second trailer has to use the same parsmeters. Then I got a 3rd trailer and rather than spend $200 for new sensors, I bought another solar unit for $50 which so far works just as well as the TST.
If I was to buy another unit today, I wouldn't spend the extra money for the TST unless I needed to monitor more than 4 tires.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms