Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #1

Uncomfortable hide-a-bed mattress

Has anyone had any luck improving the mattress in an hide-a-bed couch? Mine is so uncomfortable you can't lie on it, let alone sleep on it. Thinking aobut getting a firm piece of foam to place under the mattress, then tie the old one back on.

Any advice would be great, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel, if it has already been invented.

Ron
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #2

The problem with these type of beds is not always the mattress it is the support and since there is no box spring or foundation the mattress takes forum of the framing. In most cases kids have no problem with this because they are lite weight, but we are heavier and we feel everthing under the mattress and the mattress is thin.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Google "folding bed board". I've used them with good success in various sofa-bed applications.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #4

Actually I think it is a good idea......relatives don't stay more than one night. LOL
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #5

I don't know if it's any good or not but I saw on a recent flight that skymall has several things to help with this. I've ordered from Skymall before, they're pretty good.

Sleeper Sofa Bar Shield | Home Living | SkyMall

Sofa And Bed Support | SkyMall
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #6

Do you have a mattress or the air bed? We place our airbed on floor, it sleeps much better you don't have the metal bars poking through.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #7

Our unit has the airbed..I will try it out..hopefully it will not catpult me through the vent............thanks for the info.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #8

We put a 2" memory foam topper on our hide-a-bed mattress. It can still fold up, and it greatly improved the comfort. we have a 3" memory foam topper on the rear bed as well.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed