Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #1

Unknown Switch

I have 2014 Georgetown 351 with a switch next to the water pump switch that is labeled ARTIC (on top) and PAC (on the bottom). Does anybody know what this switch is for or what is it used for?
CTMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #2

Hi and welcome

If you plan on going into a cold area that drops below 40 degrees you turn this on when at a campsite.
It will put 12 volts DC from house batteries to electric heat pads on your grey and black storage tanks as well as many water elbows underneath.
Their is many around the water entry compartment. It looks like tin foil with wires on it. You will also find them at the back of your refrigerator if you have an ice maker or water in the door.
The pads are controlled by a thermostat that turns them on if the temp get around 40 degrees.
Hope this helps
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #3

I had an idea that was it but was not sure how or what it was hooked up to. More important there is no mention of this in any of the manuals. Thanks so much your reply, it was greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #4

FYI mine is on a 20 amp fuse in the DC control panel.
Many others believe it is only pads on the black and grey tanks but in mine I have many locations usually athe the water elbows that are wrapped with the tin foil pads. I actually used it once and I didn't get anything frozen.

Iggy
Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMDP View Post
I had an idea that was it but was not sure how or what it was hooked up to. More important there is no mention of this in any of the manuals. Thanks so much your reply, it was greatly appreciated.
The info about the Artic Pak is on a seperate sheet which I had to request from FR. What I received looked like the 10,000,000th copy of a instruction sheet. I planned on retyping it but have never gotten around to it. I'll try to get it done and post it in pdf form here in the next couple days.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
The info about the Artic Pak is on a seperate sheet which I had to request from FR. What I received looked like the 10,000,000th copy of a instruction sheet. I planned on retyping it but have never gotten around to it. I'll try to get it done and post it in pdf form here in the next couple days.
Oooh... That willbe greatly appreciated.
Hope you get a chance to retype it.
Iggy
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #7

That would be great if you could re-type it. Thanks!!! Did FR ever say why its not in any of their manuals? Thanks for all the responses.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
That would be great if you could re-type it. Thanks!!! Did FR ever say why its not in any of their manuals? Thanks for all the responses.
No they never explained why. I guess since it's an option they didn't include it in the Generic Motorhome Manual they have. In our case it was listed as a "Forced Option" in the brochure for that year. Guess its just another oxy-moron like Jumbo Shrimp and Maryland "The Free State"
Mike Burns, retired from FR, sent the copy I have to me.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Oooh... That willbe greatly appreciated.
Hope you get a chance to retype it.
Iggy
Sent myself an email to do it tonight. Now I just have to remember to check my email when I get home I should scan the original and post it in case anyone wants the Official Reference Sheet

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

ForestRiverOwnersManual-Motorized.pdf

Just found this on FR site, free downloads. Check page 47 for info about the Heating Pads. I will still retype what I have as well at home.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Mistake on my part. The Artic Pack info was not the bad paperwork I received. It was the Supplemental Owner's Manual that was copied a ton of times. So here is the pdf for the Artic Pack info.

Artic Pack FR Document.PDF

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I'm working on a cleaned up copy of the Supplemental Owner's Manual. Basically the typing is complete but I have to wait until I get my coach back to take some pictures of the dashboard switches. This manual explains the dashboard switches and what they go to as well as some more info about the Battery Control Center and Command Center Panel as well as a makeshift checklist. I have typed it as FR originally created with spelling corrections and completed sentences that were a bit strange looking.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #13

I had read that. And that is why I had an idea that this unknown switch was for these heating pads. That is why I posed the question. The sad part is, no where on page 47 does it define where or what the switch looks like or what it is labeled, again the reason I asked the question. Thanks to everybody for their responses I do appreciate the feed back.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
I had read that. And that is why I had an idea that this unknown switch was for these heating pads. That is why I posed the question. The sad part is, no where on page 47 does it define where or what the switch looks like or what it is labeled, again the reason I asked the question. Thanks to everybody for their responses I do appreciate the feed back.
As you go along with your new RV you will learn of other switches, latches, compartments etc that are not explained in the FR material you were given with the unit. That is one reason this forum is so helpful.

I think most of us here belive the Manuel's FR supplies need improvement and this topic has been discussed before. I posted a rant sometime ago about what the manual for our outdoor kitchen said - the manual said the thermostat was on the inside ceiling of the refrig when in fact it is on the outside rear of the refrig.

I have developed a good working relationship with the FR rep and he has supplied me with many updated manuals that I needed.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote