Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2009, 05:04 AM   #21

Just check with Sleep Number last week on a queen size for the camper, it will run about $800.00. We started with the mattress that came with the camper, had back problems then tried the memory foam on top of the camper mattress well if the base mattress is no good then It's a poor foundation for the memory foam. Then we replaced the camper mattress with a real queen size mattress, It's a King Coil Mattress it is very comfortable and we sleep great but the problem is that it reduces the walk area between the end of the bed and the wall a little too much, so now we may go with the Sleep Number.

I have found that as I get older and my body changes the Sleep Number works out great. There is nothing worse then buying a mattress that one has tested in the store and you think it will work until you have slept on for a few nights then realize that it is not for you. A least with the Sleep Number bed it is fully adjustable, This year you made like a soft adjustment and the next year you may need something more firm. Mattresses are expensive no matter what you buy, but the way I look at it I will buy an adjustable. We have a Sleep Number in the house and it is great.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #22
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Just check with Sleep Number last week on a queen size for the camper, it will run about $800.00. We started with the mattress that came with the camper, had back problems then tried the memory foam on top of the camper mattress well if the base mattress is no good then It's a poor foundation for the memory foam. Then we replaced the camper mattress with a real queen size mattress, It's a King Coil Mattress it is very comfortable and we sleep great but the problem is that it reduces the walk area between the end of the bed and the wall a little too much, so now we may go with the Sleep Number.

I have found that as I get older and my body changes the Sleep Number works out great. There is nothing worse then buying a mattress that one has tested in the store and you think it will work until you have slept on for a few nights then realize that it is not for you. A least with the Sleep Number bed it is fully adjustable, This year you made like a soft adjustment and the next year you may need something more firm. Mattresses are expensive no matter what you buy, but the way I look at it I will buy an adjustable. We have a Sleep Number in the house and it is great.
The Select Comfort mattress was the first thing we bought for the motorhome. I have a bad back and after sleeping, if you want to call it that, on the original mattress I awoke with stiffness that made our trip not too enjoyable. We have been sleeping on a Sleep Number bed since 1997 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Camping World always has them on sale. Yes, they are expensive compared to a memory foam topper but that's still not adjustable. There's nothing worse than waking up with a stiff back and dealing with it versus feeling good and enjoying your camping trips. You can't put a price on comfort and feeling painfree when you supposed to be on vacation. If a topper is all you need for a more comfortable feel that's great, but if you have a bad back and need the firmness and adjustability you can't go wrong with the Select Comfort Sleep Number Mattress.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #23

We bought a 4" memory foam at wal mart for 130. It made a huge difference. All I had to do was cut a few inches off of it. I put it on the bed unzipped the one end and cut it to fit the factory mattress. Hope this helps.

2009 Georgetown 370XL
The Z Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #24

The second worst mattress is the one on the sofa bed, you fell every support in the frame, although I don't sleep on it my son dose when he go's camping with every now and then. After we replaced the camper mattress that was on the bed with the King Coil we toke the memory foam and put it on the sofa bed, my son said it made a big difference....Well I guess anything is an improvement then whats there.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
gate

i bought a 4 inch memory foam topper and its great! trimmed it down to exact shape with the kitcen power knife.had enough extrato make to pillows
gate33 is offline   Reply With Quote