Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #1

Question Use / storage switch

Hi: I am new to the site and haveing trouble with the use/storage switch at the door on the left side . It stays on and will not switch over and I also lost power to the steps and will not go up. I have a 2003 325 GT . Could someone help??? PS I have checked the fuses and found them to be ok.

Thank You
dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the forums.
When you're saying it stays on, Are you talking about the light within the switch? It stays lit in order to find it in the dark. Pushing the top of the switch completes the circuit, push the bottom to disconnect. As for the steps, they are not part of that circuit. There is a fuse under the interior steps that protects the circuit to the steps. You may have a blown fuse. The step will only close with the screen door closed as well. There is a magnetic contact on the frame of the door as well as on the screen door. If you go inside and close the door as long as you haven't turned the step switch off it should close. If not turn on the ignition and see if it closes then. If the steps don't close there is definitely a power problem to them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Anacortesians

On our '02, there are three switches on a panel, a singlepanel with a switch for battery store/use and the CO/propane detector panel.

The three unmarked rocker switches are for the floor-level night lights, the outside night lights and the steps. The step swich can be confusing. When you switch it "off" it holds the steps in the position (up or down) at the time you switched it. If the steps re down, and you turn the ignition on, it will override that rocker switch and retract them, but then they stay up unless you flip the switch the other way.

We use this switch when we're docked so that the steps aren't continually opening and closing with the screen door.

I believe the battery "use/store" switch operated a house battery disconnect relay. I usually have our rig plugged into shore power, even when stored at home, so I leave that one in "use".