Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

Vent hoses

Has anyone taken the time and energy to remove and insulate the A/C duct hoses in their motorhome? By the time the air gets to me it has lost most of its cool. Meanwhile DW is on her side with a blanket on her lap. It doesn't look like a fun or easy task.[emoji30]

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
Has anyone taken the time and energy to remove and insulate the A/C duct hoses in their motorhome? By the time the air gets to me it has lost most of its cool. Meanwhile DW is on her side with a blanket on her lap. It doesn't look like a fun or easy task.[emoji30]

It’s not an easy task. If your unit is anything like ours the ac duct lines are in the ceiling, they are actually channels cut out of the Foam ceiling insulation. There isn’t any way to get to the ducts and they are insulated. Suggest you close down your wife’s ac vent and redirect they other ceiling vents to get the air flow you desire. My wife freezes and I stay warm. Readjusted the air flow and now I freeze right along with her.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

vent

Thanks for the reply but I am talking about the dash air when we are going down the road. The coach air appears to be doing a fine job. When it gets to be too hot I will start the generator and turn front AC on to dump..Makes a big difference. Thanks again for the response..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
Ours isn't that cool either when it's 90 plus. 80 deg it works fine. Not sure if insulation would help much on that short of a duct run. I have felt mine dripping condensation on my foot few times though.

Tags
vent