Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #1

Vx401

I am sitting here reading the users guide for the clarion vx401 and it isn't helping. I am hoping that someone who has one can answer two embarrassing questions. First, how do I turn the darn tuner off? If I am listening to my Bluetooth and disconnect it or turn it off the tuner starts up. There is no off option on the tuner display. The radio is on when I set it for camera mode. I just want to turn the tuner right off at the moment, how difficult can that be? Second question, when I cycle through the source button Bluetooth doesn't appear. Currently I am using the remote to go to the full menu screen and selecting Bluetooth from there. I certainly don't want to require the remote control to get to my Bluetooth music menu. Is this normal? Should I see Bluetooth when I cycle through my sources. I have tested its with my device both connected and disconnected.

I am going to sneak in a third question, has anyone got their Samsung phone to be recognized as a valid USB device?

Thanks...........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I am sitting here reading the users guide for the clarion vx401 and it isn't helping. I am hoping that someone who has one can answer two embarrassing questions. First, how do I turn the darn tuner off? If I am listening to my Bluetooth and disconnect it or turn it off the tuner starts up. There is no off option on the tuner display. The radio is on when I set it for camera mode. I just want to turn the tuner right off at the moment, how difficult can that be? Second question, when I cycle through the source button Bluetooth doesn't appear. Currently I am using the remote to go to the full menu screen and selecting Bluetooth from there. I certainly don't want to require the remote control to get to my Bluetooth music menu. Is this normal? Should I see Bluetooth when I cycle through my sources. I have tested its with my device both connected and disconnected.

I am going to sneak in a third question, has anyone got their Samsung phone to be recognized as a valid USB device?

Thanks...........Jackie
Do you have a switch below the radio That says radio?
With the engine off this switch can turn the radio on and off while in RV park. If you turn it off the radio should go off.
It should be with a few other switches that says fans and Generator remote start.
Here is what my 2012 looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 093.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	40112  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Hi Iggy, thanks for the quick response. I do have a radio switch. I just found that yesterday as well :-) My current problem is when we are driving down the road and I don't want the FM or AM radio to play. Sometimes I want silence - surprise. Other times I want to play my bluetooth, when I disconnect my bluetooth device I don't want to automatically switch to the radio. I cannot believe that there isn't an "OFF" on the Tuner page.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Hi Iggy, thanks for the quick response. I do have a radio switch. I just found that yesterday as well :-) My current problem is when we are driving down the road and I don't want the FM or AM radio to play. Sometimes I want silence - surprise. Other times I want to play my bluetooth, when I disconnect my bluetooth device I don't want to automatically switch to the radio. I cannot believe that there isn't an "OFF" on the Tuner page.
I just found the manual online and it says press and hold the SRC button down for 2 seconds to turn onand off.
See picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	40131  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #5

I believe that turns off everything. I just want to turn off the tuner. I will try and get hold of Clarion later today. I will post my findings.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #6

Quote:
I believe that turns off everything. I just want to turn off the tuner. I will try and get hold of Clarion later today. I will post my findings.

Why don't you call them and ask

Clarion Corporation of America

6200 Gateway Drive Cypress, California 90630

Customer Service: 800-347-8667

Phone: 800-GO-CLARION (462-5274)
Phone: 310-327-9100 (MAIN)
Fax: 310-327-1999