Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Warning: Graphics lifting on Georgetown 351

If you have a 2014 Georgetown you might take a close look at your graphics. This photo is looking upward on the rear of the living room slide. You can see the graphics pulling away at the edges, all the way up. This is happening ALL around the coach. Colerain of Indianapolis had the coach for 2 weeks, "fixed" several graphics, but they actually look worse than they did before. While I was there to pick up the coach, I walked over to look at the new coaches setting on their lot. EVERY single Georgetown (4 in this case) were showing signs of the same thing happening.. Bad deal for Forest River. Bad deal for us folks that own them. Jury is still out regarding how best to address the issue - We will have to bring our unit back in a month or so as they didn't complete the work, and the work they did attempt was inferior. I am currently reaching out to Kevin at FR directly.

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #2

They installed those wrong. On ours, they are cut on the edge. In other words, they don't wrap around where yours is bubbling up. On the inside edge of the slide molding there is silicone. The fix would be to cut them on the edge.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #3

Mine are also cut. Looking good

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Mine are also cut. Looking good

The ones that are cut are also lifting. As are the ones they replaced. Which are cut. All the ones on the new units on their lot are cut. And lifting.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #5

Guess I'm lucky so far.

Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #6

The only thing I can think of is that the batch your dealer got did not have clean surfaces on those edges. We've had ours since October of last years and no issues in below freezing and very hot temperatures. Dealer needs to fix it.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
The only thing I can think of is that the batch your dealer got did not have clean surfaces on those edges. We've had ours since October of last years and no issues in below freezing and very hot temperatures. Dealer needs to fix it.
Yep, agreed. FWIW, we took delivery in September last year. The new coaches on the lot at the dealer were manufactured between December and March of this year.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #8

Sorry about your trip to colerain. I like their Cincinnati office better. The indy office lost my trust when they borked my trailer wiring job for my coach/jeep.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown