Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #1

Angry Water In Roof

I own a 37 ft Georgetown and have had water the the roof from day one it has been back to the dealer more the once and back to the factory three time . the water started up front and it seems to be working it way back . the unit is a 2004. and the repairs that are being done seem to be just patches. has anyone had this problembefore and how did you handle it. the last leak just happened this forth of july weekend ,we went to beb and woke up to step onto a wet carpet and the sideout in the bedroom (headboard side) leaking.
thank you
n1joh
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #2

I have the same problem and after experimenting I found the water was coming in at the bottom of the slide but on the outside where my unit has a seam. I put some tape over the seam and viola the leak stopped. I thought it was coming from the top but it wasn't. You might want to try that. Good Luck.

J.R.
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #3

Wink Water in Roof

I have a 2004 Georgetown and did have a roof leak - the side overhead cupboard by the entry door had to be replaced. The leak could have been from anywhere as the fiberglas roof has a seam down each edge fastened with stainless steel scews then caulked.
I bought eternabond tape (I got it from RVupgrades online)and taped over both side seams and the front and back cap seams - voila! no leaks since.

If it is your bedroom slide then maybe it needs to be adjusted to tighten the seal?

ChrisD
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | anyone have one? »