Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #1

water pump noise

Fellow campers.
Recently, I have noticed a rather sudden increase in water pump noise in my GT 375 XL. The water pump is located above the tank, in the compartment under the kitchen. I think it may have shifted some of the tubing while I was moving the kitchen slide in or out. I haven't had a chance to get deep in to a search for the noise, but thought one of you may have had a similar problem and could send me in a more refined search for problems before I tore the hole dang thing apart.

I have read some nasty reviews on the FR products, but I absolutely love mine. We use it here in Oregon about 2 times per month. Year in and year out, and it is great.

Just wanted to say how much we like our unit to balance out some of the negative stuff we read.
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe there's a rubber mount kit for your pump.
Also insulation around pipes help to.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #3

Rongrice,
"Just wanted to say how much we like our unit to balance out some of the negative stuff we read."

Forest River should send you a free case of oil and tune-up
for that post !
They need all the good press they can get.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongrice

I have read some nasty reviews on the FR products, but I absolutely love mine. We use it here in Oregon about 2 times per month. Year in and year out, and it is great.

Just wanted to say how much we like our unit to balance out some of the negative stuff we read.
Forums like ours tend to be a great place for people to come with issues. And, people with issues tend to be more vocal that those without. It's all good. But most people are like you. Pretty happy with their unit (except they don't post that too often).

Just so you know... We like ours, too. We also liked the FR Grand Surveyor we had awhile ago

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #5

Another idea that I have seen a few years back is to loosen the 4 mounting screws and slip a computer mouse pad under everything and ticghten the 4 screws. I alway look at easy fixes.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #6

Adding an accumulator tank may also help. Not only does it help your pump run quieter, it keeps it from cycling as much.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. I will put in the request for oil changes.
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #8

Some times a hose will migrate close to something solid like a wall or framing member. When that happens, it turns your entire camper into a sounding board. I've used black pipe insulation before and it helped..but not as much as replacing the pump with a shurflo Whisper King!
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Another idea that I have seen a few years back is to loosen the 4 mounting screws and slip a computer mouse pad under everything and ticghten the 4 screws. I alway look at easy fixes.
Did the same thing a couple years ago. I also found that the flexible tubing off the pump was really not helping to stop the vibration due to the hard tubing being longer than needed. There was a 3 inch piece with screw on fittings on each end which looked like a later add-on, still can't figure out why it was installed. It included an elbow facing up and the tubing connected to the elbow. I removed the piece and it stretched the flexible tubing out so it then acted like the vibration eliminator it's suppose to be. It's still not perfectly quiet but it's much better than before and doesn't wake anyone sleeping if the water is used. I also added some pipe insulation where the tubing came close to the panel and other items. One difference is I left the screws out. The pump is pretty hard to move with the tubing connected and this helped stop some of the noise as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote