Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #1

Wax for Front Cap

What wax do you suggest for the front cap? Have tried several without much success. Appears that the plastic shield may be stained? from bugs road dirt etc. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

Just did my fiver with McGuires marine and RV cleaner and wax. While it is a three step process the results are really great. It is pretty easy to do if you use a power buffer.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #3

Try NU-finish. Comes in an orange bottle. Can be found in any Walmart or auto store.Works great! and lasts...... For the guy who does not want that wax on wax off exercise, try.. ICE, synthetic spray on wax. Wash your vehicle, let dry, spray on and wipe. Turn cloth and buff. Each time you do this creates a better shine. Good stuff. I use this on my truck, boat and RV.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #4

I've been a fan of AutoGlym products for the past year, soap and polish for the car and the MH. Seems to do a great job, and polish is easy to apply. Even the bugs appear easier to wash off.

PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #5

I always use new- finish liquid wax. It is easy to apply and wipe and it work. This is why this wax is still on the market today.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #6

Be sure you get the surface clean of any old wax and oxidation before you rewax. Never wash a waxed surface with any kind of dishwashing liquid. It is made to remove grease and oil which in is all waxes. Clay Baring the surface is an excellent prep for waxing also. Some people mistake a cleaner for a wax. They are two different products for two different results. Meguires products are probably the all round best but the important thing is protect is with something. Expect the easiest to use to last the shortest time.

2009 Rockwood 2701SS
2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #7

Meguiar Flagship works for me .
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote