Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #21

Went to Yellowstone

I use silicone spray on my door. Works great for me and does not collect dust. With 6 G kids they are in and out alot. Use the straw pull latch like opening door and spran. Hit the door striker plat also. Hope that works for you...
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:53 AM   #22

We just left Yellowstone Canyon Village CG and the fridge and furnace seemed to work intermittently. The flame would burn, shut off, restart repeatedly. The fridge was having trouble keeping temp below 45 and it was getting down to 40 at night. Anyone else have that issue. Driving east through Wy. and the fridge is now keeping good temp.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #23
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Thanks for the warnings and disaster forecasts. Guess my 12 year old Hondas will blow up soon.

We are in both Cloudcroft NM (8700') and Phoenix AZ (1100') frequently. Don't notice any difference in the generators. If I did, I would not have a problem changing jets, but don't have a reason to.
Why would you replace jets in an Onan when they have an adjustment lever right on them. My thought is that Onan would not spend money on the altitude adjustment knob if it wasn't needed. They would much rather pocket the money. That said, use or don't use - your call!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
Why would you replace jets in an Onan when they have an adjustment lever right on them. My thought is that Onan would not spend money on the altitude adjustment knob if it wasn't needed. They would much rather pocket the money. That said, use or don't use - your call!
Never owned an Onan. I wasn't talking about Onan. It is nice that Onans have that feature if you ever need it.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHuebel View Post
Sounds like a normal trip to me.
Yep. there is always a long list of items I have to repair/replace when I get home after a trip.
rock-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #26

FR (and most others) nothing but cheap expensive junk!!!!!
Will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have another one.

You spend all this money only to worry about what will break on the next trip!!!

Very Unhappy customer here .....not that they give a D^&(n!!!!!
foretg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #27

foretg you may want to think about a tent. No one brand is better than another. I have a FS and brother-in-law has a Keystone. Both have issues
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #28

Only had our 2014 Coachmen class A for a couple of years. Just turned over 10000 miles on our last trip. Had it in the shop about as much as I’ve used it.
kenginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #29

Stayed in Fishing Bridge @ Yellowstone, which is the only one that will take big rigs. Potholes were so bad it felt like we got whiplash pulling in/out. All kinds of stuff got rattled loose, even bottomed out a couple times, which has never happened before. FYI, that camp will be closed all of 2019 for a remodel, so hopefully it gets better.
mike2ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by foretg View Post
FR (and most others) nothing but cheap expensive junk!!!!!
Will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have another one.

You spend all this money only to worry about what will break on the next trip!!!

Very Unhappy customer here .....not that they give a D^&(n!!!!!
Did you explain your unhappiness to FR in these exact terms when you spoke to them?
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
Did you explain your unhappiness to FR in these exact terms when you spoke to them?
I have a fr3 with flaking material on dinette and capt. chairs called fr they gave the name of master craft who made the materiel never heard from them 1100 to repair dinning area brought covers for capt chairs . For Yellowstone only problem I had was putting the 85 octane fuel .Engine needs a higherctane.
polishapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 View Post
Use the straw pull latch like opening door and spran. Hit the door striker plat also. Hope that works for you...
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean here. I could really use some help with my door that is hard to open. It drags on the bottom.
Silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean here. I could really use some help with my door that is hard to open. It drags on the bottom.
Looks like he is saying to use the little hollow straw attached to the lubricant can to direct spray into the latch mechanism while you hold the handle open. Then spray the plate on the door frame as well.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #34

I get it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Looks like he is saying to use the little hollow straw attached to the lubricant can to direct spray into the latch mechanism while you hold the handle open. Then spray the plate on the door frame as well.
Thanks so much. When in doubt, use WD-40.
Silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #35

We have driven our 2005 Forester Class C around 6,000 miles since January, one trip over 3,000 miles and two 1,000 milers. Knock on wood, not one repair needed so far this year. It's old but solid!

2005 Forester 2901
2005 Scion XB
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #36
Kanadian Kamper

Hey Ralph.....

Have you got a 2005 or 2015 Forester?
Your signature says 2015, and if that’s so, your rig is not old....really.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #37

Only been on 2 short trips with 2018 31L5. Both low beam headlights and one marker light out. No dash a/c. Shower drain not going into tank. Draining in bin. Repaired by dealer but left leak under shower inside which I fixed. Slide not retracting fully. Repaired. Entrance door striker plate fell off. Shower door leaking where sitting on base. Front falls off of L shaped couch pullout. City water filling fresh tank. Water pump not shutting off when using fresh tank. A/C control knob broke off in my hand. Other than that it’s been a real dream! We did have two great weeks in Lake George and are looking forward to our next trip. Dealer and Forest River have been good at resolving problems.
BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote