Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2022, 05:29 PM   #1

What did you do to your Georgetown today?

Time for a what did you do today thread.
What started out as going to the storage and doing some repairs to the RV cover, ended up with a new cover, replacing both AC start/run capacitors, and a wash and wax.
New wax too. I tried Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax. Excellent results, easy to apply and easy to remove. No streaking either. Which is a big thing for me with a lot of our coach in black and a ruby red fade.
Now that the ACs a running strong, we're all set for our east coast fall colors tour starting next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220818_083518.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	278007  
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #2

Glad

Glad you got you A/C units working. Currently in Asheville NC and we receive a small shower sometime everyday so I can’t wash and wax my coach 2022 36d7 yet. I’m a full timer so I use the no water wash/wax. It works great and since most (99%) of rv parks won’t let you wash your rv it’s about my only option. I use Blue Beacon but there are not that many around.
Happy trails - take your time and be safe.

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:53 PM   #3

I've never used a store bought wash, any good?
Old 08-18-2022, 08:41 PM   #4

That is one nice looking rig!
Old 08-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #5

Thank you!
We actually enjoyed our buying experience and have been back to the dealership a number of times to "visit". They're close to where we store the unit so we would swing by for coffee, talk mods, or what not. (And they are a BIG dealership) During the pandemic they called 3 times to buy the coach back, for more than what we have in it. They must like the way we keep it! That and we were at one point looking for a Charlston 430 FK, which thank God, they never acquired, or I'd still be working!
Old 08-19-2022, 10:25 AM   #6

Not today, but a few days ago, I did a systems check. Fired up the genny, then lights, A/Cs, lit the stove, fired up the engine, checked the Garmin, ran some water, and checked the water heater, oh, and put in a new WH anode.Then I just sat in it and watched a little TV...
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #7

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
Thank you!
We actually enjoyed our buying experience and have been back to the dealership a number of times to "visit". They're close to where we store the unit so we would swing by for coffee, talk mods, or what not. (And they are a BIG dealership) During the pandemic they called 3 times to buy the coach back, for more than what we have in it. They must like the way we keep it! That and we were at one point looking for a Charlston 430 FK, which thank God, they never acquired, or I'd still be working!
My buying experience was fantastic also. I had to plan ahead being a full timer. I ordered from a dealership that was in the town I would be spending winter in. ( ordered in July) arrived December 29th. Was in Corpus Christi from 1 Dec thru 31 March so that is where I used a forest River dealership. We agreed upon the price for my 2021 Sunseeker 3010DS ( just not quite big enough) and upon arrival they spent five minutes looking at the sunseeker and said they were thrilled that it was in great shape ( even thou it was only 1 year old). BTW they sold the sunseeker in 2 hours with a all cash offer. 99% of Class C don’t have full body paint but ours did which was a huge selling point. They also honored our agreed upon price (class a) even thou prices where still going up Astronomically.
I had a inspection and they had a mechanic would fixed anything she found. Folks it’s my 3rd rv but the 699.00 inspector I hired was worth her weight in gold.
I have zero issues with my rv going on 8 months of full time use. Even after 8 months this still is our perfect rv - yep they do exist.

Jimbo

Sunday is just around the corner which means travel day yippee 🥳
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 01:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
My buying experience was fantastic also. I had to plan ahead being a full timer. I ordered from a dealership that was in the town I would be spending winter in. ( ordered in July) arrived December 29th. Was in Corpus Christi from 1 Dec thru 31 March so that is where I used a forest River dealership. We agreed upon the price for my 2021 Sunseeker 3010DS ( just not quite big enough) and upon arrival they spent five minutes looking at the sunseeker and said they were thrilled that it was in great shape ( even thou it was only 1 year old). BTW they sold the sunseeker in 2 hours with a all cash offer. 99% of Class C don’t have full body paint but ours did which was a huge selling point. They also honored our agreed upon price (class a) even thou prices where still going up Astronomically.
I had a inspection and they had a mechanic would fixed anything she found. Folks it’s my 3rd rv but the 699.00 inspector I hired was worth her weight in gold.
I have zero issues with my rv going on 8 months of full time use. Even after 8 months this still is our perfect rv - yep they do exist.

Jimbo

Sunday is just around the corner which means travel day yippee 🥳
Nice to hear of someone else with a positive buying experience! Seems that only negative stuff makes the various forums or ratings.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Frisbie View Post
Not today, but a few days ago, I did a systems check. Fired up the genny, then lights, A/Cs, lit the stove, fired up the engine, checked the Garmin, ran some water, and checked the water heater, oh, and put in a new WH anode.Then I just sat in it and watched a little TV...
Nice!
I too did that check. That's when I found out the ACs were goofy. Hard to sit in the RV and watch the TV when it's 105 out and the ACs don't work though...
Old 08-25-2022, 11:29 PM   #10

Smile What did I do today with my Georgetown

I took it in to the RV repair shop. Fix the maxair fan, find the window leak, find the roof leak, Leaky toilet. Leak over bedroom slide. knob slipping on drivers side window. Black water flushout has never worked. Just another 2K into this rig. 42K miles. They get old even when you don't drive them much. Its a money pit but I like to drive it. Mileage gets better all the time.
Dianne H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #11
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne H.
I took it in to the RV repair shop. Fix the maxair fan, find the window leak, find the roof leak, Leaky toilet. Leak over bedroom slide. knob slipping on drivers side window.
Did they use a Sealtech machine to find the exterior leaks? If not, be careful because the leaks may still exist. Many dealers just look things over and slather sealant where they think it's bad.

A Sealtech machine actually pressurizes the RV interior and then a bubbly liquid is applied to the outside. Any air leaking out will produce a bubble on the exterior. That's the exact place of the leak.

https://rvleaks.com/

Their dealer locations: https://www.sealtechleaktesting.com/

One of their dealer videos. The leak testing starts at about the middle:

HTH,

Ray

Tags
georgetown, tow