Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

What should I use on the bottom of my slides?

Sorry.. bottom of my slides...

The underneath of my slides are made of a wafer board or plywood. They don't appear to have been weatherproofed, so I am thinking they should be sealed.

Should I use like a Thompson's water seal or simply a good paint? I have seen other GT coaches that have a plastic sheet, but not my 2014 378.

Thoughts?
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #2

It’s recommended to not put water sealant on OSB board. Matter of fact some manufacturers won’t honor warranties if you do. I’ve heard people say it needs to breathe. My old pop up was 10 years old, had no sealant under floors and still looked the same as new. My new to me Velocity TT has that corrugated looking plastic sheets under my slideout just like what’s under the trailer itself.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
It’s recommended to not put water sealant on OSB board. Matter of fact some manufacturers won’t honor warranties if you do. I’ve heard people say it needs to breathe. My old pop up was 10 years old, had no sealant under floors and still looked the same as new. My new to me Velocity TT has that corrugated looking plastic sheets under my slideout just like what’s under the trailer itself.
Ok thanks.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote