Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #1

Wheel Bases

We are working with a salesman who says that all Forest River Georgetowns are not created equal. He claims that there are value models that are not as structurally sound, that have rubber roofs as opposed to fiber glass roofs, that have smaller wheel bases and run smaller tires and basically are of lesser value than others. Is this true or a sales pitch? Mainly interested in wheel bases and cannot find any information on this. The unit that we are looking at is a 2011 Georgetown 378 and we are supposed to look at another Georgetown (locally owned) early next week. We want to make sure that we are comparing apples and apples!

Thanks in advance!
Gauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #2

Have a look at the brochure. Wheel bases included......

Georgetown XL Class A Motorhomes by Forest River
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Not sure about differences in structures, but our salesman did pitch that a fiberglass roof is a must have.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #4

Yes he is absolutely correct.
They have stand value model that have scaled down interiors and exteriors. Stencils graphics instead of a painted exterior, cheaper exterior cargo doors, yes smaller tires, no remote control or heated side mirrors, smaller water heater, ceiling height lower than a XL model. Not sure about rubber roof because I thought they all had fiberglass roofs, one AC unit instead of two, manual curtains at front window instead of electric shade, single pane windows instead of dual pane ones, hub caps instead of aluminum rims. The ceiling height and cargo space below is about 4" more in height. Roof on the XL models are about 4 1/4" thick compared to a thinner roof on a basic model.
These are just a few things that I know between the basic Georgetown and the XL models.

The ford chassis, engines, transmissions, differentials are the same. The brakes at bigger on the 37ft model like mine compared to a smaller 32ft model.

Hope this helps you.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #5

Take a look at NADA.
RV Prices, Values & Reviews - NADAguides

Here's the 2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Georgetown M-378TS Ford Prices, Values & Specs, 2011 Georgetown M-378TS Ford Equipment Options | NADAguides, RV Values & Prices

be sure to look at the
[+] View manufacturer note:
MOTORHOMES - Prices include A/C, generator, microwave, DSI water heater and spare tire. Also(except se) Arctic/Interior/Exterior packages, remote heated mirrors, driver's door, bath roof vent and full body paint(xl models)

ab&jb
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #6

We just bought a 06 340ts SE, Georgetown had three series of the Georgetown in 06,
the just Georgetown good $
the Georgetown SE better $$$
and the Georgetown XL best $$$$$$$$$
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #7

yes, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes he is absolutely correct.
They have stand value model that have scaled down interiors and exteriors. Stencils graphics instead of a painted exterior, cheaper exterior cargo doors, yes smaller tires, no remote control or heated side mirrors, smaller water heater, ceiling height lower than a XL model. Not sure about rubber roof because I thought they all had fiberglass roofs, one AC unit instead of two, manual curtains at front window instead of electric shade, single pane windows instead of dual pane ones, hub caps instead of aluminum rims. The ceiling height and cargo space below is about 4" more in height. Roof on the XL models are about 4 1/4" thick compared to a thinner roof on a basic model.
These are just a few things that I know between the basic Georgetown and the XL models.

The ford chassis, engines, transmissions, differentials are the same. The brakes at bigger on the 37ft model like mine compared to a smaller 32ft model.

Hope this helps you.

I agree there are differences between the Georgetown XL and the Georgetown. Overall length, wheelbase and wheel size are significant areas. However, my Georgetown 335 came with the heated and remotely controlled mirrors, motorized front window shade, fiberglass roof, dual air, dual heat strips, dual pane windows, and full body paint, and a layout that the wife (and I) really liked.

It's all a matter of what you want....

Jim Sullivan
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel