Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #1

wheel rubbing front wheel well

On my 2015 Georgetown 377xl the right front tire is rubbing my outside wheel well to the extent it has cracked it. This happens when I make a sharp right turn and the road or driveway is uneven and the coach leans to the right. Is this a common occurance or is something else going on like a busted shock?
Jerre turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Time to get under and check your shocks, springs and sway bar mountings. Also the body to frame mountings-- as per the "sticky" on this forum.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #3

You better check the alignment and fitment, sounds like something is loose. I wouldn't pull that rig until the problem is solved.

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #4

I got under it and all looks well, called forest river service man at factory and he said cut out the fender well some?????? I couldn't believe he said that. Anyway, the coach is 1 1/4" lower at the b-line on the right side. Perhaps the leaf spring is sprung. Anybody think new shocks will help?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Shocks do not support weight, they just dampen the spring action. I would suspect you have a broken leaf or they need replacing or re-arching.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

Right Tire Rubbing

I own a 2015 Georgetown 352 XL. The right tire did rub and crack the Fiberglass wheel cover. It only happened when I did one extreme right turn close to my home. I just took a cutoff disk and finished what the tire started. Lost about 3/8 inch of wheel well.
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 AM   #7

That's whats going on, is your coach a little lower on that side?
Old 07-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #8

My 2016, also a 377, had the same problem from the begining. It took 1 year back and forth with dealer, their suspension jobber messing up with the suspension before Ford fixed it best they could. I ended up with a new front right leaf set, one extra blade on the rear right leaf set plus a rework of that last one to augment the camber. before that, the rig was a danger to drive. it was severly over veering when turning left. Now it is much better but no one could explain what was the root cause. Please check something for me as I suspect it may be related. if you level the rig and make sure the level is perfect measured on the floor in front, ideally with a carpenter level, verify if the floor is also level near the back, just before the bedroom carpet. mine make it impossible to achieved. i suspect the frame is warped.
douxyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #9

thanks for the reply, unfortunately I live about 5 hours from the nearest ford dealer that can do frame work on rv's. The rv is only about 5/8" lower on the right rear and 1 1/4" on the right front. I have not notices any problems when leveling it, but next time I do I will put a level on it. Plan on installing new Belstein shocks on the front that will hopefully stop some of the swaying when turning sharp, trim out wheel well a little, and call it good. I would like to discuss with you sat/cable tv hook-ups. 573-380-0759 jerre turner
Old 07-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #10

Same thing happened to me. Took it to ford and the right leaf
Spring was
Cracked. Got it replaced under warranty 2 years later still good to go.
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel