Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #1

Where do you put your stuff?

One of the first things DH said after he got the G'town parked in our drive was that there is no place to put things on the dash. There are pockets on the wall beside each chair and a set of cup holders but that's it.

No little cubby holes anywhere for all the things that one uses while driving like sunglasses, tissues, change, chap stick and the other stuff you need to stash in a convenient place.

The dash slopes forward so stuff put on the dash will soon wind up against the windshield. I hesitate to put anything in the area between the seats since it slopes to the back and for fear of things getting under the pedals unless I can attach it to the bottom of the dash. It would have to be able to be removed though to allow access to the motor.

I think anything attached to the walls would interfere with turning the forward chairs to face the back. I have thought about those apron like things that I've seen advertized to throw over the arms of recliners for TV remotes.

Where do you put sunglasses & assorted stuff while driving?

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

we use a plastic box about 14x22x4 purchased at dollar tree sets on the motor cover
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #3

We have a black leather tray that is for your dresser, desk etc. it has divided sections that I put my sunglasses, pens, notepads, cell phone etc in. I put in on passager side of dash with a piece of non slip shelf liner under it. It works great has never slid one inch. These can be purchased at office supply stores or at Target etc where you find organizing things.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Our unit has the laptop tray that extends from the dashboard and there quite a bit of space under it for small items, insurance info, my zip drives with all of my paperwork.etc. We also have the driver's door, Big waste of money had I thought of it at the time we bought ours. We had ours spec'd like the model at the RV Show and it was on that model. It leaks air like the door is opened partially but it does have a pocket for items as well as a cup holder built in. I've seen others use a drink holder caddy for a car and add velcro to the bottom and sit it on the engine hump.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

All great ideas that I'm going to steal. Dashboard "bean bags" are also handy for various things.

TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote