Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #1

Where is Georgetown's 12v Trailer (light) Manager Relay?

While setting up to tow a vehicle, I discovered the brown wire (taillights) has no power at the MH 7-pin connector. When I traced the wire at the rear of the MH, I found that it does not get its power from the vehicle lights. As verified by the F53 schematic, the lights for the "trailer" come off of their own separate relay or fuse. Since my Jeep taillights don't work while towing, for now, I am stuck only towing it in the daytime. (Note: toad brake and turn signal lights work fine while being towed.) Can anyone tell me where the relay or fuse is located? If you think it may be entirely something else, chime in.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #2

All my fuses are under the drivers side dash. Take someone with you to pull you out. Lol. Tight space for big guys like me. Check your Ford OM to identify location of fuse. I recently pulled one for my left signal tow.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #3

Eureka! I found it, but it wasn't where you said, although you pointed me toward a fuse box I didn't know existed. After not finding it where you said, I dug more into the book. That led me to a "Power Distribution Box" surprisingly located under the hood just above the radiator. There, as pointed out in the Ford owners manual, was a maxi fuse labeled "Trailer tow park lamps"! (I've never before seen a maxi". It's huge, twice as big as a standard fuse.) Sure enough, it was blown. Thanks so much for getting me started in the right direction. Once again, the Forum gang proves to be a real team.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #4

Kind of curious about that fuse panel behind the air filter on the firewall
How do you remove the cover?
I have tried to figure it out but unable to get it open.
I know their is some secret such as sliding left or right or pull the bottom out first or maybe a hidden lock.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #5

Iggy, I had the same problem but finally figured it out. (The arrows on the front of the box, which point to the right, are a bit deceptive.) At the lower right side of the box, go around the corner about one inch back and you should find a plastic tab that you pull outward which would be to the right as you face it. The large square, black shield next to the box has noting to do with it getting the box open. Also, there is no tab at the top right corner, which again is somewhat odd. Take my word for it, given enough time, you can get it open.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Iggy, I had the same problem but finally figured it out. (The arrows on the front of the box, which point to the right, are a bit deceptive.) At the lower right side of the box, go around the corner about one inch back and you should find a plastic tab that you pull outward which would be to the right as you face it. The large square, black shield next to the box has noting to do with it getting the box open. Also, there is no tab at the top right corner, which again is somewhat odd. Take my word for it, given enough time, you can get it open.
I found this picture on line and it looks like it has some type of latch on the right. Is this what you are talking about?
I also found this panel ID and fuse purpose list.

I will have to play with it again and see if I can open it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eng_Fuse_Panel.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	81144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	81145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	81147  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #7

Thnks for those Iggy...very helpful for the files!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #8

You got it right! (The Ford F53 owner's manual has that diagram.)

Tags
georgetown, light, trailer