Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #1

Where is the inline LP shuton off valve

We just got a 2018 Georgetown xl 369 and we can’t get the lp to turn on. There is no on off switch on the tank and we have no gas to the stove or hot water heater. Gauges say we have plenty in the tank. Thanks for any insight.
JSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #2

Your tank may not be exactly like this one but the valve on your tank needs to be opened (fully counterclockwise).
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #3

There is no ON/OFF switch for the LP tank.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #4

There is an inline shutoff solenoid controlled by the O2/LP detector I think is located in the entrance step well on the side wall that controls it. The solenoid, if you have one, would be located under that gray cover or at least inline after the shutoff valve shown in the photo. Most likely to look like this.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There is an inline shutoff solenoid controlled by the O2/LP detector I think is located in the entrance step well on the side wall that controls it. The solenoid, if you have one, would be located under that gray cover or at least inline after the shutoff valve shown in the photo. Most likely to look like this.
Maybe not. The later model Georgetowns do not use that valve or have a CO leak detector that would control such a valve. Mine does not but I do not know when they stopped installing them.

Ray
Old 04-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #6

That's why I said "The solenoid, if you have one".
Old 04-25-2021, 06:23 PM   #7

Some lp tanks have a valve that shuts if there is a big rush of gas like when a line breaks. Try shutting the valve , wait a minute or 2 and then slowly open the valve.
Good luck.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:20 PM   #8

Our 2012 has the LP/CO detector. someone installed a switch to turn the detector on/off (unless this is how FR did it). So I can turn it on and off from there if need be.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #9

Thanks everyone! We found it!
JSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSingleton View Post
Thanks everyone! We found it!
It would be helpful to others to post what you found.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
Our 2012 has the LP/CO detector. someone installed a switch to turn the detector on/off (unless this is how FR did it). So I can turn it on and off from there if need be.

Hey Dodge Guy
My LP/CO detector reached its 5 year lifespan now The solenoid shut the gas off on the rig. The new LP/CO detectors aren’t cheap. Do you have a schematic on how to wire up the solenoid so I can open/shut off electrically with a flip of a switch?
Ashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlyn View Post
Hey Dodge Guy
My LP/CO detector reached its 5 year lifespan now The solenoid shut the gas off on the rig. The new LP/CO detectors aren’t cheap. Do you have a schematic on how to wire up the solenoid so I can open/shut off electrically with a flip of a switch?
There should be 2 wires at the solenoid. 1 wire going to the detector for 12Vdc and 1 wire to ground. You're going to have to install the (SPST) switch in series with the 12Vdc wire and pick up 12Vdc from someplace because the default (deenergized) condition of the solenoid is closed.
Added: Sometimes the solenoid wires are different colors (yellow/black ground) but sometimes they are both black and would not matter which one is powered so you will have to verify which one it is for your switch install.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 AM   #13

LP solenoid

Thanks. Gonna check it out.
Ashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve