Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2020, 07:46 PM   #1

Where to find 2020 Georgetown GT7 User Manuals

Hi, I received appliance manuals with new GT7 but nothing that describes the integrated systems, locations, wiring, plumbing, etc. constructed by Forest River for our Georgetown GT7 36D7.

I found this web site below which I thought finally was what I had not received however as I read through, the content is not specific to our 2020 GT7 as the web page is labeled. Some information is from trailers. For example I am trying to find access to the hot water heater bypass valves for winterization. The manual states to look under kitchen cabinets which are near front while the hot water heater is in the rear right corner, not even close.

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...own-gt7/browse

I have also tried to find instructions for how to remove TV from living room mounts so that I can connect another HDMI cable since the TV has at least 2 more HDMI ports that are not used by standard GT7 setup. I have tugged etc. but with it being new, I do not want to break something and keep searching.

I would like to connect a power strip into electrical outlets behind sofa but again I cannot find any hints for how to pull sofa out in order to reach those electrical outlets that I can just see from top of sofa.

I struggled to connect mobile with RV audio visual panel because again I have no documentation.

This RV would be so much easier to enjoy if Forest River provided a complete user manual set of documentation. I am an engineer and could resolve about anything with the right drawings.

I hope someone can tell me where to find the better documentation than what I have found so far. Thanks.
MikeH_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
NXR

Sorry, you've found them. Seriously.

If the TV is not on a swivel mount then it usually just lifts straight up with effort. The one in the bedroom usually is on a mount hinged at the top. Look at the side of that TV and see if you see the mechanism. If so, grab the bottom of the bedroom TV and yank.

On the GT5, the water heater bypass valves are in the outside compartment right next to the water heater. Open the door and unscrew the round plate. Yours likely is the same.

Ray
Old 10-18-2020, 10:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH_2020 View Post
Hi, I received appliance manuals with new GT7 but nothing that describes the integrated systems, locations, wiring, plumbing, etc. constructed by Forest River for our Georgetown GT7 36D7.

I found this web site below which I thought finally was what I had not received however as I read through, the content is not specific to our 2020 GT7 as the web page is labeled. Some information is from trailers. For example I am trying to find access to the hot water heater bypass valves for winterization. The manual states to look under kitchen cabinets which are near front while the hot water heater is in the rear right corner, not even close.

I have also tried to find instructions for how to remove TV from living room mounts so that I can connect another HDMI cable since the TV has at least 2 more HDMI ports that are not used by standard GT7 setup. I have tugged etc. but with it being new, I do not want to break something and keep searching.

I would like to connect a power strip into electrical outlets behind sofa but again I cannot find any hints for how to pull sofa out in order to reach those electrical outlets that I can just see from top of sofa.

I struggled to connect mobile with RV audio visual panel because again I have no documentation.

This RV would be so much easier to enjoy if Forest River provided a complete user manual set of documentation. I am an engineer and could resolve about anything with the right drawings.

I hope someone can tell me where to find the better documentation than what I have found so far. Thanks.

Hi,
We have a 2021 Georgetown GT7 and we’re able to download the manual to our phones and iPads. They often are updating it and we have found most equipment manuals embedded within this main manual. Also FR have been pretty good about answering any questions we’ve had via emails and phone.
LaLaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH_2020 View Post

I have removed my living room tv several times to load the hdmi ports
Just lift tv straight up, it’s snug but will lift off the 4 mounts
1 don’t have a belt buckle on bc could scratch screed
2 have a second person help plug in while you hold the tv and to help with the many wires back there
Good luck
rv0083 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, manual, manuals