Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2022, 08:45 AM   #1

Where to find VIN Plate on a Georgetown 2006

Hi guys,

We are new to the this fantastic forum and can't wait to explore all these interesting discussions!

We are trying to find the VIN Plate as we want to know the weight limits of our RV but can't find it anywhere. Or perhaps the Chassis Plate? Have you got any suggestions to where to find it please?

Our model is : Forest River - GeorgeTown 2006 Ford V10 6.8L (I think F53?)

Thanks so so much in advance!

Take care!
FabAniFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 AM   #2

Mine is not a plate per se but a paper (card) attached to the wall behind the driver's seat. I also have read that some are posted within a cabinet.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:05 AM   #3

Thank you Bubbles!

Unfortunately there is not paper behind the driver seat and neither in cupboards.
This RV was imported to the UK by a dealer who, by the looks of things, has decided to remove the VIN/CHASSIS Plate as he wanted to put down the RV as a groas weight of 7.5tonnes vehicle (for UK licences/laws). I'm pretty sure the vehicle weighs more unleaded and gross. That's why I was trying to find the actual plate perhaps on the engine where hopefully the dealer didn't find and removed?
Old 02-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #4

UPDATE: I now see your post saying the VIN plate was removed, and I assume any paper label too. You should find the VIN embossed into the chassis. I don't think you will find it on the engine which has its own number. I would look underneath on the large steel frame components. Sorry I can't be more specific without knowing more about the unit. Probably Google would tell you "where to find VIN on Ford V10 chassis."

I don't know about "behind" the seat, but there should be (required by law) a sticker on the driver's side door frame. If there isn't, I guess you could either complain to your dealer or go see an authorized shop of the chassis mfgr and see if they can get you one.

The VIN is always on the dashboard on the driver's side visible from outside through the windshield, way towards the bottom of the windshield. You may need a flashlight and/or a magnifying glass to read it. Or take a picture of it with your phone, then you can blow it up.

The VIN is also embossed into the chassis in various locations but the dashboard is the easiest to find. The rest are mainly for identifying chop shop chassis finds and accident crash situations.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #5

This is what you're looking for - small and hard to find, esp. if rusty!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...l-chassis.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-on-frame.html

Results may vary by model year...

The Google search that found these was "chopped chassis VIN Ford V10" under image results.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #6

Hi MN Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Sorry I think I made a bit of confusion! I actually already have the VIN number of my RV but what I am looking for is the VIN or Chassis Plate which shows all the weight limits ie Gross weight, Unleaded, Axle weight etc etc

I'll post a picture of what I mean!

The reason why I am searching for this is because I need to see how much is the gross weight to that I can change it on the registration paperwork of the RV (it now says gross weight 7.5tonnes but it's definitely more than that and as we are renovating it in the inside, we will definitely go over that and we want to make sure that we are not breaking the law)

Thanks so much!!
Old 02-23-2022, 12:20 PM   #7

The Georgetown is built on a Ford F53 stripped motorhome chassis and I have no idea where Ford would have/how the VIN might be located on a stripped chassis.

Breaking the law? What are you going to do, change your VIN for registration? Don't think so. Don't know what you are concerned about.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:25 PM   #8

Hi guys,

Not really sure what happened to my previous long reply but it disappeared?!

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have already my VIN number, what I am looking for is a plate where it's specified the Weight limits of the rv ie weight gross, unleaden, axle weight etc etc

I attach a photo!

Thanks so much!
Old 02-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The Georgetown is built on a Ford F53 stripped motorhome chassis and I have no idea where Ford would have/how the VIN might be located on a stripped chassis.

Breaking the law? What are you going to do, change your VIN for registration? Don't think so. Don't know what you are concerned about.
Calm. Someone else stripped off the information. He's looking for the right information.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #10

@FabAniFrank I got an email that you replied again and I can read that but it's not here. I don't think you will find a GVWR label for the RV since official information was apparently removed by prior owner. You need to find the VIN then use a VIN lookup site online to find the exact details for your chassis including GVWR, towing capacity, etc. That will not include your RV weight and capacity or combined towing capacity (GCWR). You can get capacity and other specs for your year make and model from the RV maker's web site specifications brochures. Or you can contact the RV maker directly for confirmation. For the actual weight, you should definitely get to a truck scale and get a real number so you know where you stand, or sit. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2022, 01:03 PM   #11

Your title should have the VIN. Also Find UK VIN number. (Click me)

Not sure this will give you the information you want. For example here in the US the empty weight of vehicles and trailers shows on my Virginia titles but not on Ohio titles.

-- Chuck
Old 02-23-2022, 02:29 PM   #12

Fab. Knowing which model of Georgetown you own will narrow the search for info. There were 13 models for 2006, so have a look here and scroll down to the specs for your model. Good luck.
http://countrymotorhomes.com/georgetown/brochure.pdf
Old 02-23-2022, 03:27 PM   #13

From your units owner's manual:

Vehicle Identification Number
The vehicle identification number is attached to a metal tag and is
located on the front firewall to the right of the air filter.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:39 PM   #14

Additionally, from your owner's manual:

IDENTIFYING YOUR VEHICLE
Certification label for incomplete vehicles
On completed derivations of incomplete vehicles, the certification label is
affixed at a location determined by a subsequent stage manufacturer of
the completed vehicle. In these cases the completed vehicle is
manufactured in two or more stages by two or more separate
manufacturers

I believe the certification label will have the information you seek. An example is shown in you owners manual and it has all the information on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img20220223_14501647.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	269241  
Old 02-23-2022, 04:19 PM   #15
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabAniFrank View Post
Hi guys,

We are new to the this fantastic forum and can't wait to explore all these interesting discussions!

We are trying to find the VIN Plate as we want to know the weight limits of our RV but can't find it anywhere. Or perhaps the Chassis Plate? Have you got any suggestions to where to find it please?

Our model is : Forest River - GeorgeTown 2006 Ford V10 6.8L (I think F53?)

Thanks so so much in advance!

Take care!
Hi there over the pond. Sounds like the language barrier is affecting your answer.
Vin Plate in the colonies means the plate riveted to the OEM dash or in the drivers door jamb neither of which you have. What you want are the weights and capacities placard (sticker) and the tire (tyre) inflation specifications. Those elusive placards (decals) were normally affixed to the wall in the vicinity of the drivers seat which should be on the left side unless it was flipped for export.
Armed with the VIN that you stated you have, I suggest you contact one of the Georgetown reps listed in the attached photo. I believe they have a database where they can recreate the original yellow placards. I doubt anyone here can help you unless someone has the same model you have which is undisclosed at this point.

Yes, your coach is built on the F53 chassis but again, without the model number there is only a guess available as to which one.

You can get basic info from the link 69BBC posted.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	798AE16F-0CC8-4505-BD24-41A13598A0EA.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	269242  
Old 02-23-2022, 09:10 PM   #16

On the support bracket beside the radiator
Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:29 AM   #17

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, it's been some busy few days!!

This Forum is amazing! You've all been super helpful, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BBC View Post
Fab. Knowing which model of Georgetown you own will narrow the search for info. There were 13 models for 2006, so have a look here and scroll down to the specs for your model. Good luck.
http://countrymotorhomes.com/georgetown/brochure.pdf
Thanks so much for this! It's the 350 SE!!

Thanks for everyone else, I will look for it in those places and perhaps contact Georgetown!

Though, we have found a company here that does "uprating" for vehicles, not sure if it's the same word there too, but practically they can recreate another plate to fix on it once it's been through a process of weighing etc etc !

Tags
georgetown, tow