Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

Windshield molding

We just purchased a 2014 Leftover Georgetown 335. The windshield seam is not centered at the bottom of the window and at top of windshield seam is what looks like a full tube of black RTV that was slopped on very poorly has anyone else had this?
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #2

Yes when we purchased out 351ds we had the same issue. I contacted Forest River and the selling dealer and both were quick to respond and fix the issue.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423443938.130381.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	69336
ETCTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #3

On my new 378xl I had issues at the corners of the windshield. They were lifting up which would allow water to get between the windshield and inside of the body. Too bad I didn't take pictures.
The rubber molding would not lay flat against the glass. It had that black "goo" to hold it down but didn't work. The local dealer had to remove the windshield and replace the rubber modeling around the windshield. Now it lays flat all the way around. FR paid for it under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #4

Wow. Just noticed your issue ETCTA. How could any quality control personnel even let that go out the door. Glad they fixed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

windshield molding

Forest River just approved replacing the molding of course the dealer is not in a hurry... after taking it on our first short trip (coach has 1200 miles) I took it in with a list of 30 items to get fixed under warranty they have the coach now for 5 weeks.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

I noticed the other day mine is coming off as well. Unfortunately I have a 2013 but still think I will contact FR to see what they have to say.

Hard to believe it is already coming apart -- I just hope it hasn't caused any other unforseen issues.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #7

windshield molding

I would contact FR they know they had a problem with the seals. A RV windshield sub came out to my house to replace mine took 2 hrs and they said the seam should have been mid way up windshield on drivers side they did a awesome job.

Tags
mold