Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #1

winterized georgetown

howdy:i drained water heater and left rod out,took filter out and drained canister reinstalled without filter,drained water tank,opened all water valves on sink,bathroom.and shower inside and outside.turned all valves behind water tank and pumped pink stuff through lines worked real good.took water line back of refer and left line off. i think i got it.only problem i have is that motor home has a lot of moister inside so i opened front and back door of shop and it all went away about 3 hours later.these things need air and a lot of that. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #2

Make sure to do the city water inlet also. With the pump off. Pull the screen off on the city water inlet and press the button. You should get a few drops of antifreeze. Also if you have a black water rinse make sure to blow it out with air or use a hand pump with anti freeze. We have 4 dri z air containers in the trailer that remove moisture that really work well. Got them at camping world
harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

petey, if you have ice maker, you should look at this thread, post #5 and PDF document page 12 and 13....good luck

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ker-16564.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #4

SAMs club sells a nice multi pack of moisture absorber cans with refills. I put one in fridge and one in freezer after I defrost and towel dry the melted frost. Then I put the cans in and shut the door. Any residual moisture gets sucked up and no odors or molds. If you buy two kits your entire coach will be dry as the sahara.