Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #1

Wiping out connector/bracket on 341DS

Just wonder if anyone else has had problems wiping out the connector and bracket on the hitch. I've wiped out two so far and the dealer says he will relocate the bracket and connector.
Thinking about it, I haven't gone over anything remarkable (curbs, ditches, steep inclines, etc.) and I think it's because the MH is so long from the rear axle to the hitch that it acts like a seesaw when going over a driveway entrance. The deal alluded to the fact that several others had encountered the same problem and just wondered what other owners thought about it.
Gator_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #2

Yep, wiped out ours on the 378. Stupid place to put them really. I used a holesaw in my drill and cut a hole right into the rear fiberglass valance above and to the right of the hitch and installed it there. Never have to worry about wiping it out again.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Wiped mine out going into the local Shell Station just before a trip. I had to go buy another and rewire it so we could hitch up the car and leave. Once we got back home I took a sawzall to it and used the bracket that came with the replacement and bolted up on the bumper. The whole hitch will need to be ripped out before the wiring harness connector get damaged again. I showed this to Rich Rowland from FR at the Hershey RV Show, his reply was that's how they buy the hitch and probably still do. Terrible location for the connector.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote