Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #1

XL 378 Washer/Dryer install

Quick question
I'm getting ready to install a new Splendide 2200xc washer dryer combo in our XL378. I have read a number of posts but have not come across anyone needing to add additional floor bracing. My hope is that since it is a dedicated location with plumbing and electrical that Forest River has addressed that eventuality. Curious on the folks who have had one install for a while.
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #2

I just installed the same model in my 360DS. The flooring is fine. You will want to purchase the brackets that mount to the front feet. This baby really spins/vibrates.

Done about 10 loads so far. Wife loves it!

Reach out with any questions

2020 Jeep Gladiator Sting Grey
seasure1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:52 PM   #3

We have a 2013 378XL that we bought new and have the 2200xc. We love it. No issues with the structure.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:19 PM   #4

We had no problem with usage, just during driving down the road it would move around and pop open the doors. I added a strap over the top, and attached to wood block under the flooring. This is a great feature of the Georgetown XL
Old 03-03-2021, 11:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. I did purchase the floor mounting brackets. CW has a sale and I/we took the plunge. Only thing is they had no vent kits other than 1 in chrome, everything else is backordered. Guess I'll see where the vent comes out on the graphics before I paint it. Who knows, if it's in all 3 colors, may just leave it chrome.
We're getting ready to head out on a 8-10 week trip to the eastern side of the US as I recently retired, (December) and this is exactly why we bought this rig.
I gave the wife the option for either satellite television, washer dryer or a central vac to celebrate my retirement. She opted for the satellite television. That was a month ago. Now we have the washer/dryer as well. 4 weeks until we leave, hope she says to get the central vac early enough for me to install it!
Old 03-04-2021, 06:34 PM   #6
Mature Citizen

Brackets

Totally agree with adding the hold-down brackets. This is by far the best option we have had installed in our motor home.

Darlene, Ralph and Pippin
LTC (USA Retired), W7TLD
2021 - (Planned) 306 days, 18030 miles
2013 - 2019 - 765 days & 37095 miles
2013 Georgetown XL 378 TS, 2014 Honda CRV
downeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #7

After looking at the washer/dryer in the garage and watching horror videos on you tube for 3 days, I installed the unit yesterday.

Using the back of the shipping box I made a template for locating the vent on the back wall by drawing around the vent on the washer. Placing the template on the wall I marked the center (actually close to where the factory location was) and using a stud finder checked for anything that might interfere. I then flushed the water lines. Then proceeded to cut the 4" hole in the side of the RV and installed the outside vent. (yes, lots of silicone was used)
I had also purchased from harbor freight, "Forearm lifting straps". What a great tool! Placing those under the unit a neighbor and I walked the washer up the steps, into the bedroom and onto the bed where we removed the shipping hardware, installed the water lines, plugged it in and placed the drain line. We then lifted it up and slid it into place. (we had the vent duct on the washer already) I got up on a step stool and SQUEEZED between the cabinet and washer to hook up the dryer vent to the outside. ( there isn't 2" between the outside vent and the back of the dryer vent, but it is a straight shot) I leveled the washer to the bottom of the cabinet, fore and aft, and side to side. Seemed like the thing to do as the motorhome levels itself right?
Then I installed the hold downs.
This morning I ran a load of laundry. Light, easy stuff, filling the drum about half full. Absolutely great! Had half dozen pairs of underwear, 4 tee shirts, couple hand towels, usual stuff. I did a timed dry of 45 minutes and everything was bone dry. Did another load with a couple pairs of jeans, couple of long-sleeved pullovers, hand towels and what not, with an hour dry time and again, perfect! VERY PLEASED!
What I found in the end is that I could have taken some of the outside vent and removed a couple inches for clearance purposes, but the doors still close so no harm, no foul I guess. The washer/dryer is a snug fit, but it does fit. It also has a bit of a shake at lower spin speeds, but that goes away as the water is forced out and the speed increases. I pretty much attribute that to it being mounted on a wooden platform and there is some give.
Again, very pleased, and a bit surprised on how well everything went/turned out. Sure wasn't as hard as the damn satellite television!
Old 03-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #8

Thanks for the update and encouragement to try these types of projects ourselves.
You'll enjoy the washer.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:26 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasure1 View Post
This baby really spins/vibrates.
A little motion is normal, but if it feels like a violent shaking then you my still have the shipping bolts in place.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
A little motion is normal, but if it feels like a violent shaking then you my still have the shipping bolts in place.
I suspect it's normal. The bolts are out...
Old 03-08-2021, 08:52 PM   #11

That little bit of shaking while the water is draining is normal.

Great job on the install!

2020 Jeep Gladiator Sting Grey
seasure1 is offline   Reply With Quote