Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #1

xm radio antenna

Good Afternoon All,

So, I have researched and read about the antenna cable for the XM radio that FR installed on our coach at the time of manufacture. The consensus is that the single small opaque plastic dome on the roof over the drivers seat is where the antenna receiver end is located and that the wire for it is routed down under the dash. I have searched and searched and searched under the dash for this "bundle" of wire that has been reported to be wire tied or taped to the steering column, behind the radio stack or otherwise secreted under the dash amidst all the wires, ducting and such. For the life of me, I can not find the other end of the antenna wire that attaches to the radio. I have a portable XM radio unit that I transfer from vehicle to vehicle and typically place the mag antenna on the dash but like others, I lose sat connection when going north away from the equator and occasionally while traveling east or west depending upon where we are in the country. I simply want to use the antenna that FR and others says is installed already. Does anyone have a photo of the radio end or can help me better narrow down the radio end of the antenna wire?
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #2

I do not believe my Georgetown 30x3 has an XM antenna. If it did why wouldn’t they hook it to the XM ready radio?

It has a little white dome above driver’s side. But I believe that has the satellite TV coax which is available in the center overhead compartment.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:39 PM   #3

Thanks IDguy but an XM subscription box must be purchased by the end user and installed between the antenna feed and the radio followed by activating a subscription. No box, no way to connect the antenna wire that I can not find or may not be there....I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pull the dome and see what if anything is under it. I will reseal with a ton of Dicor tape and/or self leveling lap sealant and report back to let everyone know what I found or did not find. All I really want to do is be able to connect my portable XM radio to a roof mounted antenna that I was told was already there. We will see.....
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara w/ RVi3 Brake Control
centurion493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion493 View Post
Thanks IDguy but an XM subscription box must be purchased by the end user and installed between the antenna feed and the radio followed by activating a subscription. No box, no way to connect the antenna wire that I can not find or may not be there....I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pull the dome and see what if anything is under it. I will reseal with a ton of Dicor tape and/or self leveling lap sealant and report back to let everyone know what I found or did not find. All I really want to do is be able to connect my portable XM radio to a roof mounted antenna that I was told was already there. We will see.....
You misunderstood my post. I understand XM FULLY. I believe whoever told you your unit had XM antenna was WRONG!

If you did, they would have connected it to your XM ready radio. No box.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
You misunderstood my post. I understand XM FULLY. I believe whoever told you your unit had XM antenna was WRONG!

If you did, they would have connected it to your XM ready radio. No box.
The Jensen XRV10, while "XM Ready", just has the touchscreen selection. You still need to buy the $50-$60 box and plug it into the XRV10.

Ray
Old 05-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
The Jensen XRV10, while "XM Ready", just has the touchscreen selection. You still need to buy the $50-$60 box and plug it into the XRV10.

Ray
That is the antenna!
Old 05-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
That is the antenna!
What is "the antenna"? What I mentioned is the XM guts. It still needs an antenna.

Ray
Old 05-04-2021, 02:21 PM   #8

Quote:
What is "the antenna"? What I mentioned is the XM guts. It still needs an antenna.

Ray
I know you refuse to understand this but an “xm ready” radio has the guts. All it needs is an antenna.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
NXR

Quote:
I know you refuse to understand this but an “xm ready” radio has the guts. All it needs is an antenna.
I know you refuse to believe that "XM ready" may not mean what you think it does so...

https://www.siriusretail.com/product...q/SXV300V1.asp

Q: What is SiriusXM-Ready?
A: Any aftermarket vehicle receiver or controller bearing the SiriusXM-Ready logo means it can connect to and control a SiriusXM-Connect Satellite Radio tuner such as the SXV100, SXV200 or SXV300

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XM.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	253624   Click image for larger version

Name:	XM1.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	253625  
Old 05-09-2021, 12:46 AM   #10

Quote:
I know you refuse to believe that "XM ready" may not mean what you think it does so...

https://www.siriusretail.com/product...q/SXV300V1.asp

Q: What is SiriusXM-Ready?
A: Any aftermarket vehicle receiver or controller bearing the SiriusXM-Ready logo means it can connect to and control a SiriusXM-Connect Satellite Radio tuner such as the SXV100, SXV200 or SXV300

Ray
Yes, that is the antenna.

Tags
antenna, radio