Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #41

Hi Iggy. Longtime no see (I think it was the Niagara rally). Hope you and DW are doing well. Now then down to business. We need pictures.... lots of them. I remember from the first rally in Branson that you are good at pictures so I hope we see some. Ps. Don't forget to include you and the Mrs. and even the little red Fiat if you still have it. Thanks for your time and hope you really enjoy our great eastern provinces. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 06-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #42

Great to hear from you. Yes lots of pictures but wifi speed is slow so all you get for now is my 2lb lobster feast at the campground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6042.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	56622   Click image for larger version

Name:	lobster.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	56623  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #43

WOW! Meals like that make the whole trip worthwhile. Safe travels and watch out for stray moose. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 07-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #44

Here is a 6.1 lb one I ate two nights ago.
The seafood/lobster place is right on the dock about 500 ft from the campground.
Cove Oceanfront Campground Parkers Cove Nova Scotia.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6175.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	57155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6168.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	57156  
Old 07-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #45

WE are planning for the hurricane Arnold which hits tonight and we expect rain and some winds up to 40 mph. It should be all over and clear by Sunday morning and will have clear sky's and back into the 75-80 degree range.
We can handle it as we have been in worst storms.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #46

Looks like a great campsite and it definitely has an ocean view. Very nice. Now batten down the hatches and ride out that storm. Be safe guys. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 07-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Looks like a great campsite and it definitely has an ocean view. Very nice. Now batten down the hatches and ride out that storm. Be safe guys. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
The whole group made it to Lundenburg south of Halifax safe and all setup.
Lost power as soon as we arrived.
40 plus mph winds from the west.
Says it suppose to peak in about 2 hrs from now.
We have everything tied down. lol
Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #48

you're just a stone's throw away Iggy. i live in bridgewater, just down the road from Lunenburg.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
you're just a stone's throw away Iggy. i live in bridgewater, just down the road from Lunenburg.

Hi Terry and Bernadette and nice to meet you. We are in the Board of Trades Campground.
Yesterday was a very exciting day but we woke up to a beautiful morning and watched the sun rise with clear blue sky's.
Later this morning we are heading downtown to the Fisheries Museum and tour the Bluenose II. We will be here to Tuesday morning when we head to Scotia Pines Campground in Brookfield NS.

If you are close maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee. I'm in space #14 and the only FR Georgetown from Arizona with my little Fiat toad.
We are open after 5 PM both today and tomorrow.
Let me know if you want to meet.

John & DiAnne
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6167.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	57247  
Old 07-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #50

Glad to hear you made it through the storm okay Iggy. It would be nice if you and Rugged Brown could meet up. You could verify his existence. Some of us are beginning to wonder if he is real of a figment of our imagination. Kind of like a Canadian version of Paul Bunyan. Anyway it is always fun to meet fellow FROGS and forum members. Keep us up to date on your travels and be safe. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #51

Quote:
Glad to hear you made it through the storm okay Iggy. It would be nice if you and Rugged Brown could meet up. You could verify his existence. Some of us are beginning to wonder if he is real of a figment of our imagination. Kind of like a Canadian version of Paul Bunyan. Anyway it is always fun to meet fellow FROGS and forum members. Keep us up to date on your travels and be safe. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
LOL
Here is the sunrise this morning from our site and of me.
80 plus degrees today. WOW1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6214.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	57361   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptJohn.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	57362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6222.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	57363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6261.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	57364  
Old 07-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #52

Now you are smiling. I hope that wasn't a real ship you were at the wheel of. Thanks for posting the picture of the rocks. It reminds me of Peggy's Cove just up the coast from you. We are just going to pull out of Soo Locks Campground in the morning, where we have been watching the lake freighters and salties pass by on there way up or down the Great Lakes waterway. Stay safe. Old guys (Brian and Joanne
Old 07-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #53

John

We really did want to meet you. We have visitors and our schedule as been full. So sorry we couldn't connect. Maybe some other time. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in newfoundland. You haven't seen anything yet. I hear there are still icebergs in st anthony . One of the best years yet for icebergs. They are breaking up fast though. good luck and enjoy.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #54

Quote:
John

We really did want to meet you. We have visitors and our schedule as been full. So sorry we couldn't connect. Maybe some other time. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in newfoundland. You haven't seen anything yet. I hear there are still icebergs in st anthony . One of the best years yet for icebergs. They are breaking up fast though. good luck and enjoy.

I understand. Busy schedule.
Thanks for the information about the icebergs. We are hoping to see some as well as whales.
Heading to Truro area today them further north to Newfoundland.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #55

How did you enjoy Newfoundland?
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #56

Yes, get us some stories and pictures up here. We need some cheering up. Sorry for the inactivity on my part but when we arrived at our second stop in Michigan we received the terrible news that our son-in law (Carson's father) had been killed in a car accident. So now comes the long trek back to some semblance of normalcy. Ironically he was hit by a pick-up and fifth wheel that failed to stop at a stop sign. We immediately returned home and now have no plans to travel again till the festival of lights rally in November so we have to travel with you for now. Thanks. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 07-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #57

Quote:
Yes, get us some stories and pictures up here. We need some cheering up. Sorry for the inactivity on my part but when we arrived at our second stop in Michigan we received the terrible news that our son-in law (Carson's father) had been killed in a car accident. So now comes the long trek back to some semblance of normalcy. Ironically he was hit by a pick-up and fifth wheel that failed to stop at a stop sign. We immediately returned home and now have no plans to travel again till the festival of lights rally in November so we have to travel with you for now. Thanks. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)

Brian and Joanne
Our sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss.
Carson will need you both to be fill the void.

John & DiAnne
Old 07-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #58

Quote:
How did you enjoy Newfoundland?
We are still up in Newfoundland and presently on St Anthony and have travelled the Viking Trail. Won't be back to Nova Scotia until Aug 3rd and heading to Prince Edward Island the New Brunswick. We should be back in the Bangor Maine on Aug 16th.
Having fun and enjoying great warm weather.
Iggy
Old 07-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We are still up in Newfoundland and presently on St Anthony and have travelled the Viking Trail. Won't be back to Nova Scotia until Aug 3rd and heading to Prince Edward Island the New Brunswick. We should be back in the Bangor Maine on Aug 16th.
Having fun and enjoying great warm weather.
Iggy

If you're in St. Anthony, say hello to everyone. It's my hometown, spent the first 20 years of my life there, moved away for 13 then returned for 11 and moved again. My good friend Randy owns the Leifsburdeir (sp). Tell him Terry Sansford sends his regards.

I grew up in the house across from the public building.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 07-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #60
ARLO

great trip

We traveled the Maritime Provinces in 2010. Fantastic trip. You must leave enough time for Nova Scotia and PEI. NS had Halifax (harbor hopper is a great tour of the city and the fort is really good), Peggy's Cove (a must see), Halls Harbor(low and high tide), Digby (best scallops I ever ate), Hopewell Rocks (you cannot believe the tides and rock formations), Cabot Trail (just totally awesome), the world's longest covered bridge (this bridge might be in New Brunswick), the list is endless. We never made it to Newfoundland. There was a hurricane bearing down on the area we wanted to visit. PEI was Anne of Green Gables (somewhat boring for the guys but the ladies and children loved it), great Lobster restaurants, Wind turbine museum and great scenery. I would not recommend the potato museum. The Ganong Chocolate factory is in St Stevens right near the crossing back into the states. Nice self guided tour and all the free chocolate candy your body can handle while taking the tour. Trays and trays of it. MMMMMMMMM.

There is actually too much to tell you about. We found that we were needing to take side trips often to see more sights and learn more about the history. We were gone 6 weeks and 5 of it was spnt in Canada. We could have used more time. I believe we took a little over 1000 digital pictures.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags