Originally Posted by rmac04401
Since that is on a Friday is everyone off work? Or is it like our Presidents' Day not a major holiday?
Would that weekend not be good to come to Canada?
Major major holiday. Like the 4th basically.
There's three key weekends (as related to camping) because of the holidays up here:
1) Victoria Day, also called the May 2 4 (pronounced 'May two four'). It's the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend and is the sort of 'kick off' for camping season, boating season, grilling season, pool season, start of summer...
2) Canada Day (July 1st as you saw). Basically the same as the 4th in festivities. Around here it's also usually the first weekend after the grade schools let out and the kids are home for the summer.
3) Labour Day weekend. Same day as the States. Around here this is the last weekend before the kids head back to school, and as such marks the end of the camping, boating, pool, etc seasons to some.
Then there's a couple of minor holidays:
1) Civic Day, (named different in different provinces). It's the first Monday in August. This one's like President's Day in that not everyone has it off.
2) Thanksgiving Weekend. Same day as Columbus Day in the States. This is the last shot at getting a three day camping trip in for some. For other's they've already packed it in.
And then there's always the local weekends, depending on what's going on in that local. You'll find higher bookings (and probably higher rates) if there's a nearby fair, festival, race, etc...
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums