Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #21

Just a note of caution, if you visit PEI, itis cheaper to leave the island via the bridge rather than the ferry. If you want the ferry experience, my suggestion is it take it over to PEI and return via the bridge. During peak tourist season, expect a couple of hours delay at the ferry. No delays on the bridge, unless its windy. The bridge is a site to behold. I camped at Pine Hills RV park in PEI.. It's situated roughly half way between Charlottetown and Cavendish. Good location. Pool and good activities for the kids.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
Beautiful area
We spent 2 weeks touring Newfoundland last July. We plan on going back with the trailer when we are retired.

We are tentatively planning a trip to Northern Newfoundland this summer for my home town of St. Anthony Come Home Year festivities. We will have to take our camper because most of my family have left. Big dollars for that ferry ride I tell ya.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Just a note of caution, if you visit PEI, itis cheaper to leave the island via the bridge rather than the ferry. If you want the ferry experience, my suggestion is it take it over to PEI and return via the bridge. During peak tourist season, expect a couple of hours delay at the ferry. No delays on the bridge, unless its windy. The bridge is a site to behold. I camped at Pine Hills RV park in PEI.. It's situated roughly half way between Charlottetown and Cavendish. Good location. Pool and good activities for the kids.
Using the Confederation bridge - no charge to go to the Island, you only pay to return. Guess they don't want you to leave . Info on bridge/ferry here including current rates. http://www.tourismpei.com/drive-to-pei

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
Using the Confederation bridge - no charge to go to the Island, you only pay to return. ...VTX-AL

Same applies to the ferry, but if you return on the ferry it will cost you more than returning via the bridge. The ferry is a private company.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 04-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #25
Brigitte

We went to Newfoundland last summer for 2 weeks. Landed in DeerLake. visited Trout River, Murphy's point, Rocky Harbor, Your beautiful town St-Anthony (boy is it cold up there in July!) were it was 7 degrees, windy and raining when we arrived. The July tulips were a treat
Went to Twillingate, Trinity and St. John's
Excellent trip, lots of fish and great people.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #26
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
There are a few hill but no worst then going through Que. You could save some time and cross at Cornwall. Then take highway 11 to Rouses Point. If you go through Tupper Lake you will need to take a ferry across Lake Champlain. The information booth at the NY Vermont border was as old missile base. Good spot to stop for a rest and pick up info on Vermont. If you have lots of time Ben and Jerrys ice cream factory is a short detour from highway 2. There is a western village near Lancaster NH plus a Santa Village. There are campground near the Santa Village.
Is the information booth at the NY/VT border on the Rouse point road or Tupper lake road?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote