Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2022, 08:23 PM   #1

Crossing into Canada St Catharine Niagara Falls

Hi we are planning to cross Canada Niagara border to spend a week at St. Catharine Ontario.

This is the first for us to cross Canadian border.

Can you please share your experience on pitfalls, what to prepare , paperwork, vaccine shots etc ?

How about campground in Canada, do I have to carry different equipment for my 30 Amp Coachmen Apex ? Things like sewer hook up, electricity plugs, hose, etc.
pawntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:32 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawntan View Post
Hi we are planning to cross Canada Niagara border to spend a week at St. Catharine Ontario.

This is the first for us to cross Canadian border.

Can you please share your experience on pitfalls, what to prepare , paperwork, vaccine shots etc ?

How about campground in Canada, do I have to carry different equipment for my 30 Amp Coachmen Apex ? Things like sewer hook up, electricity plugs, hose, etc.
I’ll let other Americans that have crossed into Canada post COVID, to answer if there’s anything new in the process from the USA. Normally, you need just your passports and if you have any pets, bring paperwork to show they had their shots and a positive health report from your vet.

As far as firearms into Canada, you’d really do best NOT TO BRING THEM INTO CANADA. Again, if others have, and you absolutely feel the need, check with the authorities or get details from those that have.

Camping power, water, and sewer in Canada is the very same you’d find in the USA.
We’ve travelled extensively in the US, and there’s no difference.

Enjoy.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #3

Arrivecan

You will need to be fully vaccinated and download the ARRIVECAN app and submit it no longer than 72 hours before crossing. Easy to fill out, you will need to add you vax record onto it. Limits on beer and spirits you can take over. Plenty of wineries in St. Catharines area. No stun guns or mase type sprays. Bear spray must be labeled as such. Remove your sunglasses for the customs inspector, they like to see your eyes.
Sunseeker6648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Capt Kidd Send a message via MSN to Capt Kidd
ArriveCan form

If you are going into
Canada you must fill out the AriveCan form within 72 hours of reaching the border. No longer than 72 hours before. You need a valid passport and copies of your having had the covid vaccine. You are limited to a small supply of liquor. a six pack of been and a bottle or so of wine and a fifth of hard liquor.

I am retired and travel with a whole lot more wine and hard liquor than that.
I was given a hard time at the border but they finally let me pay a tax of $145.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, cat