Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #21

My wife has a spread sheet of the food items and quantity in the car. We are a little type "A". Everything in the TT is on a spreadsheet, separated into "always on board" and "needs to be packed" column. We're nerds, sorry.

We show that list at the boarder and have only been searchered (open door, look in, shut door) once out of maybe ten or twelve crossings.
2010 24’ Fleetwood Pegasus
2017 24’ Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS
2015 Ram 3500 Diesel MegaCab 4X4 SRW
47driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #22

I crossed from Canada into Maine Sept 2018. Be prepared as they will enter your unit. Be truthful and honest and you are fine.
When I crossed into Canada, it was a breeze.
p.s. Take off your sunglasses and let them see your eyes! That is the first sign of trust.... unless you are a pyschopath
seizethebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
We are stopping for the night there. Just happens to be a boondocking friendly Walmart in Calais. Got the info from Allstays. So the roads after must be good.
I can't comment on the border crossing, but the roads down NB to NS are a dream. The Trans Canada Highway is mostly, if not all 4 lane right the way to NS. We went down there in 2000 and again in 2013.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #24

Duneit,
You may also like Hideaway campground on Cape Breton Island. I stayed 3 nights and it is amazing. All great but windy roads up and back.
I had no issues crossing the border except that I had to turn over a canister of pepper spray because it did not say the words " bear spray "on it.
https://www.campingcapebreton.com/

TC
Old 02-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #25

Name:   image (3).png
Views: 259
Size:  73.9 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Here's an important video for you to watch before you cross the border at that location. If bad language upsets you, well, I don't know what to tell you, so watch at your own risk. It is short.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #26

Calais Border Crossing

We are planning a September trip from Colorado to the Maritimes and plan on crossing at Calais. We hope to stay at Oceanfront RV the first few nights and explore the area. I would appreciate any comments about Fundy National & Kouchibouguac National Parks, i.e., campsites, how long to plan to stay in each one to see surrounding area - we are thinking 3 nights each. We are also wondering if we would need to plan a separate segment/stay to visit Prince Edward Island. Then we will head to Nova Scotia. We have a 35' fifth wheel and are traveling with a small dog. Appreciate any input. This is our first venture up there so sorry to be so clueless
Lovelandtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #27

The last time I went to Canada I was treated like I was some kind of felon and when he was done with me I told them I am turning around and going back to the USA and never coming back
that was twenty seven years ago and I don't miss going. I even turned down some good paying trips
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:48 PM   #28
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelandtraveler View Post
We are planning a September trip from Colorado to the Maritimes and plan on crossing at Calais. We hope to stay at Oceanfront RV the first few nights and explore the area. I would appreciate any comments about Fundy National & Kouchibouguac National Parks, i.e., campsites, how long to plan to stay in each one to see surrounding area - we are thinking 3 nights each. We are also wondering if we would need to plan a separate segment/stay to visit Prince Edward Island. Then we will head to Nova Scotia. We have a 35' fifth wheel and are traveling with a small dog. Appreciate any input. This is our first venture up there so sorry to be so clueless
Make sure you have all your paperwork for your pet.....vaccinations, shots, etc.
Your vet should know what you’ll need.

Be aware that you must purchase a park pass for National Parks.....as in Fundy and Kouch. See this link for details.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/admission

As for Prince Edward Island....we camped at Cavendish Campground. We stayed for 4 days doing day trips to each tip and areas in between. Could have spent way more time. Very peaceful and beautiful. It’s free to get onto the island (ferry or bridge) you only pay when you leave. We chose the bridge so we could choose our own timeline.

Lots more to outline if you want to private message me.
https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/pe/pei-ipe/index

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #29

no issues

we cross over from Canada through montreal que towards north conway maine head up coast hwy 1 beautiful scenery and sea food Mmmm, then cross towards S. Stephen New Brunswick .
never had issues , love the back roads .
As for cabot trail , cape breton , you won't be disappointed , two yrs ago we did clockwise around the trail , this fall we are going for six days , bay of fundy area and halifax nova scotia .
Giddyup123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelandtraveler View Post

A few years ago we stayed at the campground at Park Headquarters in Fundy NP which is right on the Bay. This was one of the nicest NP campgrounds I've seen in Canada and the US. Paved roadways and sites, decent room between, unpaved areas are grass and nice, uninstructive trees. The campground even has wifi. Close to a picturesque small town with some shopping and restaurants. Close enough to drive to several of the main Bay of Fundy view points and sites and good places to experience the tides.

The only downside were the roads getting to that part of the park. Very rough when we were there, but maybe they've been repaved by now. I've attempted to attach a picture of the campground. I'm not sure I was successful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0212.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	199895  
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote