Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
I dealt with the problem of getting dumped on when initially removing the cap by installing a gate valve like this:
Yep, our Rocky would have a little dribbling in the tube when I removed the cover so this extra valve does the trick.

Plus, I keep a box of disposable gloves in the truck and always have wet wipes. (The big ones for babies are the best and cheapest and those with a tight, plastic, lid seem to last longer.)

Just be thankful you haven't had a clogged black tank...lots of water in there is the secret to avoiding that. (We've never had a clog in 5 years, thank Goodness!!)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #42

"And you say how hard can it be?". Glad i am not the only one that has observed dumpstation dramas.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #43

"observed"? Been knee deep in it.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #44

We started with the cheaper throw in hoses but learned very quickly about spending the money for the thicker better quality hoses and connectors. I remember one time which spurred the purchase of better quality stuff, I must have dragged the hose across some gravel, but when the hose was under pressure, all you could see was about ten little fountains of streaming "Stuff" and would not stop until the pressure was off.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #45
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Some hoses stored in bumpers do the same.....Oh, crap!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #46
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
had a guy one time ,with my 1st trailer, go with me to a state park so I could use there dump....him being a nice guy, he, wear'n shorts/ flip-flops, desided to hold the dum end of hose into pipe by standing 1 footed on it, casually. pulled the handle, let 'er rip, and, we know the rest of the story....good thing there was cleaner water close by, or he would of had a 3 mile walk.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo