Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2022, 12:08 AM   #1

Potable Water Transportation

Hello fellow Canadian RVers! Looking for some advice here.
We are going to be staying at a seasonal in Northern Sask this summer, the only issue is that it doesn't have water/sewer hook-ups. I do have a tote for taking the sewage when required, but looking for options for transporting potable water.

In a previous life I had a nice tank I had bought from Can-West out of BC which they shipped to me fairly reasonably on the Greyhound. I then had a pump from Princess Auto I used to pump it into my RV.

What do you folks use? I'm finding it hard to source a potable water tank now. There are some Amazon options but they look fairly cheap. Was thinking of going that route with a submersible pump even.

My RV holds about 272 L fresh so even if I did two trips to the tap with a 150 L tank wouldn't be so bad for a full fill when required. Looking forward to your advice and experiences. Thanks!
mcquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:14 AM   #2

AQUATANK2 Water Storage Bladder (60 Gallon) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B009ONFDEM/

I've had this in mind for myself for a while. If there is a fresh water fill anywhere near where you're staying you could throw it in the back of the truck and then use your pump to fill your gravity fill when you get back. All depends how far you are from a potable water source outside your seasonal spot.

Don't forget bug repellant!
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:22 AM   #3

Thanks distracto! I'm within about 100 feet of the potable water source - which brings a 100 foot hose into play (and I know people that do), but I hate that option. I did it once last year, never again am I fighting with that hose! lol
mcquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquid View Post
Thanks distracto! I'm within about 100 feet of the potable water source - which brings a 100 foot hose into play (and I know people that do), but I hate that option. I did it once last year, never again am I fighting with that hose! lol
Are you saying that you're within 100' of a potable water tap? If so, I'd use the hose to fill my water tank- hands down.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I would never go through using a tank/jug/bladder if within 100' of a hose spigot.

Get yourself two 50' Zero-G hoses (or a 100' if so desired) and there's no fighting involved.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #6

Quote:
When you said there were no hookups I thought you meant you had to drive far to get water. Use a hose for sure. Zero G hoses take up very little room when not in use. Don't use it as a city water hook up, use it as a way to top up your fresh tank.

But hey, to each their own. Having a method of transporting fresh from remote locations is not a bad thing to have handy for other trips.
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #7
RV There Yet?

we have a portable tank that we take with us and i will hands down use a hose to fill with over using the tank.

we bought a brand new 25 gallon atv sprayer tank with pump and cleaned and sanitized it and it ONLY holds fresh water. its a great option, but use the hose, so much easier.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Hello fellow Canadian RVers! Looking for some advice here.
We are going to be staying at a seasonal in Northern Sask this summer, the only issue is that it doesn't have water/sewer hook-ups. I do have a tote for taking the sewage when required, but looking for options for transporting potable water.

In a previous life I had a nice tank I had bought from Can-West out of BC which they shipped to me fairly reasonably on the Greyhound. I then had a pump from Princess Auto I used to pump it into my RV.

What do you folks use? I'm finding it hard to source a potable water tank now. There are some Amazon options but they look fairly cheap. Was thinking of going that route with a submersible pump even.

My RV holds about 272 L fresh so even if I did two trips to the tap with a 150 L tank wouldn't be so bad for a full fill when required. Looking forward to your advice and experiences. Thanks!

Hello fellow Canadian. We camped at the Narrows in Waskesiu park for an entire summer. As you know there is no potable water at the campsite there. So we bought a 35 gallon tank from Flamans and a small pump from Princess Auto. Easy to fill and transport. Refilled the fresh tank every third day and used the tote to deal with the black water. Easy, but why not the hose. That seems even easier.

BTW,we had a fifth wheel trailer and a truck back then. I would never do that with our current downsized rig.

Tags
sport, water