Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcronin01 View Post
My friend contacted a firearms dealer and had it shipped to another dealer in the states. Also you may find a pawn shop is cheaper than a regular firearms dealer.
I think the question was bringing a firearm IN TO Canada
mike.t is offline   Reply
Old 12-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #22

The link at post #2 in this thread explains bringing firearms into Canada quite well. The mistake that most visitors seem to make is to assume that all they have to do is declare their "restricted" weapon(s) when they arrive at the border - NOT SO ! The visitor must have obtained the proper paperwork (permit) prior to arriving at the border, otherwise the weapon(s) will be seized immediately, even if declared. If not declared, and subsequently found by the Border Services Agency people, be prepared for a long stay

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply
Old 12-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #23

If you declare the hand gun at the border you'll be denied entry. If you don't declare it and it is found ( and you will most certainly be asked) you may well be arrested for smuggling firearms. If you are traveling to AK through Canada you are still not permitted to bring a handgun with you. You'll have to arrange to ship it to your final destination. Hunting rifles (not military style) can be brought in but you need to obtain a permit in advance. There is also a restriction on magazine capacity for rifles and shotguns so check those out too before trying to cross.

GNP and Waterton are beautiful area and apart from the bears, the most dangerous thing you'll encounter are the high gas prices. Even the currency exchange has gone back in you favor. 😄

Hope you have a great trip.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually
2014 41 nights and 4620km.......and we're done

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply
Old 12-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #24
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
Uh, I don't think he was talking about a firearm. I think he was talking about another type of protection.

Might want to read his post again.
Well...he may still be denied entry with or without protection!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post

Took me a minute, but that's funny !!😝

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
GJones is offline   Reply
Old 12-23-2014, 06:32 AM   #26
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Now THAT is funny!!!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply
Old 12-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #27

Not wanted in Canada. If do bring it and conceal it you will be in the slammer and no appeal.
bruane is offline   Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #28

To bring a firearm in to Canada you need to apply for for a firearms licence prior to entry. There is no carry permits in Canada except for Dangerous animal location and you can only have a loaded gun in the location where the permit is for. You may not travel with a loaded firearm in Canada. Ammunition must not be stored with firearm. Violation to Canadian gun laws carry a mandatory 2 year jail sentence The most important thing to remember is when crossing the border is YOU MUST DECLARE ALL FIREARMS AND DO NOT FORGET ANY OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED. ¸Also tasers pepper spray and mace telescopic baton etc is prohibited weapons in Canada bearspray is permitted but must be declared if you declare a weapon and is not permitted it may be seized or refused entry but a failure to declare is smuggling . Here is the link for the firearm center for Canada Firearm Users Visiting Canada - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
bleurt is offline   Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 01:31 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

As many times happen with gun discussions, this thread got off topic. After editing and deleting some posts, this thread is now closed.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply
Closed Thread