Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
Having Fun

Send a message via Skype™ to NewRVrsFlorida5659
Travel into "LABRADOR CANADA"

Hello everyone, we are planning our very long Yearly trip to unknown territory "Labrador Canada", and can use any and all advice we can get.

1) we will be doing our first dolly car towing on this trip to make matters worse.

2) there is a ferry to carry RV from nova scotia over to Labrador, then we don't know what to expect once there. Are there nice roads, is it pretty populated, or isolated, is there a lot to see and do?

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
NewRVrsFlorida5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #2

This previous thread might help.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ot-152531.html
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #3

The North Shore route along the St Lawrence through Quebec might be a better choice for you and you can avoid the Ferry charge. the Ferry to Nfld with a 32 foot class C is $568 return, price is based on bumper to bumper length. You would have to take another ferry from St Barbe NFLD to Blance Salbon QC then is approx. 5km to Labrador Ferry was approx. $100 3 years ago. Although I haven't taken the North Shore route, I've been told the road are very good. You would probably want to pick up the highway at Quebec City. We have driven 40 KM past Red Bay in Labrador and the roads from Red Bay north were terrible. Saw people stopping in Red Bay to seal all there vents etc on their TT to avoid getting full of dust.
derek6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRVrsFlorida5659 View Post
Hello everyone, we are planning our very long Yearly trip to unknown territory "Labrador Canada", and can use any and all advice we can get.

1) we will be doing our first dolly car towing on this trip to make matters worse.

2) there is a ferry to carry RV from nova scotia over to Labrador, then we don't know what to expect once there. Are there nice roads, is it pretty populated, or isolated, is there a lot to see and do?

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
I am a resident of Labrador City. I would advise to take the Quebec City route through Baie Comeau onward to Labrador City. I repeat do not take the ferry out of Northern NL from St. Barbe to Blanc Sablon Quebec and travel the Trans Labrador Highway. From Blanc Sablon to Labrador City, it's normally a 11-13 hour drive when conditions are good. There is still roughly 400 km of unpaved road which will destroy your travel trailer/RV. The Quebec City to Labrador route has about 150km of unpaved road but is kept maintained pretty good. Don't travel in the spring months because those roads become a soupy mess of mud. Most residents of Labrador West put their travel trailers on the QNSL train and have then shipped to Sept Iles Quebec to avoid the damages these roads can cause.
chrishill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, travel