Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #1

Trip to rural ON

I would love to take a RV, 42 foot fifth wheel and F350 CC long bed for an extended trip in rural parts of ON for local color and fishing
Nothing special on the fishing just a little fly fishing for fun. I would like full hookups with fifty AMP. We have a place in Cedarville, MI wete we spend summers and we could cross into ON in Sault St Marie.
When I retired on September 1st 2016 my job, CEO of a company with five hundred employes, was filled by a wonderful young lady who is from rural ON. She has two masters degrees from universities in ON and I am so happy she replaced me after 38 years on the job. She tells me that it will be much less commercial then the US and told me to ask on this forum regarding were to go. She has told me for more then 20 years that Canadian's ate the nicest people in the world!
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #2

A good call - your money goes 35% further in Canada.

If full hook ups and 50 AMP are show stoppers then you'll be looking at private parks only. Ontario Provincial Parks Ontario Parks do not offer full service. A few parks have 50 AMP, but, none have onsite water hook up and sewer and no cable or wifi (that I'm aware of).

Noted areas in Ontario for fall colours include; Algonquin Park area, Sault St. Marie area, Bancroft, Haliburton/Minden.

Good luck and enjoy.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj469 View Post
I would love to take a RV, 42 foot fifth wheel and F350 CC long bed for an extended trip in rural parts of ON for local color and fishing
Nothing special on the fishing just a little fly fishing for fun. I would like full hookups with fifty AMP. We have a place in Cedarville, MI wete we spend summers and we could cross into ON in Sault St Marie.
When I retired on September 1st 2016 my job, CEO of a company with five hundred employes, was filled by a wonderful young lady who is from rural ON. She has two masters degrees from universities in ON and I am so happy she replaced me after 38 years on the job. She tells me that it will be much less commercial then the US and told me to ask on this forum regarding were to go. She has told me for more then 20 years that Canadian's ate the nicest people in the world!
Not sure how far North you want to camp, however....

If you base yourself out of Sault Ste Marie Ontario, you won’t find a better 5 star campground for your adventure with all the services you’re looking for. The Sault Ste Marie KOA was voted best campground in 2015 and it hasn’t slipped a notch since. There’s more tourist activities than I can list nearby, and the Agawa Canyon Train Ride is a bucket list adventure running right out of downtown “Soo” just 20 minutes from the campground. We’re here right now. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

https://koa.com/campgrounds/sault-ste-marie/

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:17 AM   #4

She has told me for more then 20 years that Canadian's ate the nicest people in the world!

I know this is a Typo, but damn did I laugh when I read it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:12 PM   #5

Manitoulin Island is a great place to visit for hiking,canoe/ kayak, fishing. Really laid back and quiet. Providence Bay Camp Ground is a decent place right across the road from a great beach @ board walk. If you are looking for excitement then it's not a good choice
Spragueman is offline   Reply With Quote