Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

07 Lexington 255 GTS plumbing question

Just bought a 2007 Lexington 255 GTS. Where are the water line low point drains located?
SugarRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #2

Not familar with the 255, but on my 283ts all 3 lines are at the right rear of the coach.
What you'll be looking for are 3 (usually) 1/2 inch lines exiting the floor of the coach. You should have a hot water, cold water, and a fresh water tank drain. From the factory the lines were usually capped with a twist on plastic cap, but a lot of us have installed a valve of some type as the caps get damaged/lost very easily.
Attached pics...
From left to right, blue-cold water drain, red-hot water drain, blue-fresh water tank drain.
First are the hot and cold lines with valves I installed.
Second shows all three (fresh water drain has it's own internal valve)
Third shows location on coach.
Grumpy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	91084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	91085  
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
If it's like the 2006 255DS - the valve is under the bed between the pump and water tank. On mine I have to slide out the bed, remove (or push up) the mattress to get to the valve. In mine even when open and after a 5 mile drive a bit of water is still left in the tank (not exactly low point).

-Bill
=================================
https://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Not familar with the 255, but on my 283ts all 3 lines are at the right rear of the coach.
What you'll be looking for are 3 (usually) 1/2 inch lines exiting the floor of the coach. You should have a hot water, cold water, and a fresh water tank drain. From the factory the lines were usually capped with a twist on plastic cap, but a lot of us have installed a valve of some type as the caps get damaged/lost very easily.
Attached pics...
From left to right, blue-cold water drain, red-hot water drain, blue-fresh water tank drain.
First are the hot and cold lines with valves I installed.
Second shows all three (fresh water drain has it's own internal valve)
Third shows location on coach.
Grumpy

I found 2 gray tubes under the right rear corner that have plastic caps. I assume those are the hot and cold lines. I opended the valve at the water tank and it drains out on the left side of the coach.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

Sugar, those are probably them (hot/cold drain lines). Guess they use whatever color lines they have laying around to use as drain lines.
Easiest mod to do is get two valve fittings and slip em on. The lines take 1/2 inch "press on" or "shark bite" fittings. They can be used on pex or pvc lines, and the brass ones like I have run about 8-9 bucks each. I tried the plastic/pvc type glue on valves but they bind up and only lasted a few months. Get the brass and do it once. Lowes or Home Depot plumbing dept.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #6

Here is what the caps on the water lines look like (those aren't mine but its the only photo I could find of them). How do they come off? I have pushed, pulled and twisted but can't get them to move. I'm afraid to break them if I use pliers.
Attached Images

Tags
255, lexington, plumbing