Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #1

2003 Lexington 22' -- Where's the house battery hidden?

New to Frogs forum so posted to another thread before finding the Lexington subforum. I've got a 2003 Lex on a workhorse chassis with rear entry door and folding steps. Need to find where the house battery is hidden. Anyone?
JaxHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #2

I saw one in the past that had the batteries located (or should I say hidden) near the LPG acces bin.

You might have to look from underneath.

Your's could be different.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:41 AM   #3

Thanks, I'm gonna spend some time crawling under the rig. Was kinda hoping it was somewhere simple (and specific to the Lex) that I had simply missed.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxHaus View Post
Thanks, I'm gonna spend some time crawling under the rig. Was kinda hoping it was somewhere simple (and specific to the Lex) that I had simply missed.
this I found with a little google search.

Look under the drivers seat attached to the frame. A metal plate must be removed.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
this I found with a little google search.

Look under the drivers seat attached to the frame. A metal plate must be removed.
Thanks for the tip. Will have a look. I tried google searching and didn't come up with much.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #6

2003 Lexington 22' -- Where's the house battery hidden?

Hello JaxHaus, I have a 2003 Lexington 210 also. Open the lower bin in front of the LP bin door and look inside, the battery should be on a tray about 18" inside. Not the easiest place to get to and the bin door opens down to make it worse, I got to mine from underneath.....
Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for your help & tips. I finally found the battery. It sits on a steel platform underneath the coach next to the LP tank. Not very accessible and certainly nothing pull-out about it. Will be working on the aux starter & main disconnect solenoids. There's some sort of dc fuse panel underneath those. Any idea where I might find a chassis manual for a 2003 Lex? Will probably just post this to a new topic as it is no longer about battery hunting! Thanks again.

Tags
battery, lexington