Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Gran Torino

Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Trebino
Angry 2004 Lexington 210 Fueling Problem

Purchased the coach used with 13,000 miles in excellent condition. Was advised when I purchased the coach that it would only take fuel very very slowly. ( Can't even get fuel lever on nozzle to the first latch position without it kicking off.) Takes about 30 minutes to fill the tank. Previous owner said that he originally had a problem with the Gen Set cutting out at 3/4 of a tank of fuel. He took it to an rv dealer who fixed the problem by dropping the tank and adjusting the position of the fuel pick up tube which is in the fill pipe.

This fixed the Gen Set problem but not the slow fill problem. My mechanic dropped the tank and felt that with all the plumbing in the fill pipe for the gen set was the problem so we installed another pick up tube elsewhere in the tank. Didn't fix the slow fill problem. The only way we can get it to take fuel up to this point is to vent the tank to atmosphere and break the seal from the nozzle to the fill pipe. by pulling back on the rubber portion of the fuel nozzle. Forrest River says they have never heard of such a problem however all the plumbing is the way it came from the factory.

It is obviously a venting problem but can't vent to the atmosphere as this will call an emissions light. Any ideas please email me at skylane19641@mac.com

Thanks
Chuck Trebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
It sounds to me that you have a problem that would better be addressed with the chassis manufacturer than with an rv dealer or your local mechanic. For example, a Ford or Chevrolet dealer. This problem was somewhat prevalent years ago. The dealer might have a fix documented in their database.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Gran Torino

Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Trebino
Refueling Problem Fixed

I would agree with you but the re fueling pipe was re routed by the coach builder to get around the generator. We have tried everything under the sun and the only way we where able to fix it was to make up a piece of 11/2 " pipe about 3 inches long with holes drilled in to insert into the fill pipe.. This provides a a surface for the nozzle rubber to seat against. Secondly, We installed a pvc shut off valve in the vent line that vents the tank to atmosphere when opened. This jury rig allows the coach to take fuel normally. The only conclusion we can come up with is that there is not enough "fall" from the nozzle to the tank.
Chuck Trebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #4

We have the same slow-fueling issue on a 2005 Lexi 255 we just bought. This Thread might be old, but the problem still exists.
rongouldsr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, lexington