Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #1

2015 Lex 2801 - many comments

I am looking at possibly buying the Lex 2801, but I am a little unsure of the unit and also the bedroom/shower location. Does anyone have one and do you have any recommendations. I was also looking at the Sunseeker 2860 but I prefer not having the big overcab area. Any suggestions?
fdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #2

I just looked up the floor plan for a 2016 Forrester 2801 which I think your reffering to as there is no "Lexi 2801". We have a Lexi 283ts, while not the exact same layout as the 2801, is similar.
What seems to be your concerns as to the bathroom. Our Lexi has a similar bathroom layout and we find it very acceptable.
As for the rig itself, we havent had any major problems, but I have gone through the entire unit fixing and modifying things the factory did in a hap-hazard way, re-routing electric wires and water hoses, re-attaching things with extra and better hardware, ect. But minor stuff.
When inspecting the unit prior to signing ANYTHING, make sure it's fixed BEFORE you pick it up, even minor issues. Make sure the sales person knows what he's talking about and make sure you make a really good PDI.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #3

2014 Forester 2801 QS. Shower in bedroom is fine. I often close the sliding bedroom door and open the bathroom door against it. ?Then I can use the bathroom and bedroom vent fans to dissipate shower moisture. It also puts the towel on the inside of the bathroom door close at hand. Bathroom itself is a bit tight with door closed when on the thrown, but no MH is 100% perfect.. Bedroom also has a partition on a rail that can be used to separate the bed from the bathroom and shower (great idea).
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags