Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Advent RV A/C Unit - Anyone Used One?

I am thinking about upgrading my 13500 btu cool only unit to an Advent AC150HP 15,000 A/C Heatpump. They claim the 15,000 btu is equivalent to 17-18,000 btu. Here is Florida during the summer my unit never cycles. Just runs constantly. I have had Duotherms & Colemans, but don't know much about these Advent's. I know they are Chinese, but from what I have researched, it looks like they all are now. If you have, or know someone that does have one, I would appreciate knowing what you think...
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

We have s 2012 Lexi 283ts with a 15000 btu unit. During summer it just barely keeps up with summer heat, and pretty much stays on constantly. Don't know about the China knock-offs, but read posts about their being unreliable. Doubt if a 15000 btu can be "rated" for 17-18000 btu's.
My opinion, if your going to upgrade go with a brand name unit that you can, if need be, get parts for. Also, Dometic seems to be the preferred brand.
You'll find the biggest complaints about rv ac's is that they don't really get temp down "cold" when it's really hot/humid out. Just the nature of the beast. What helps us a bit are a couple of small occalating fans that move the air around a bit.
Some have installed a second ac unit in place of rear vent, and run wiring as a seperate unit to it's own outlet, and then just plug into the regular 120 volt outlet on the pedastle. Can't run 2 ac units off regular 30 amp in most class c's.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent