Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 10:07 PM   #1

Backup Light Replacement

Hello, I have a 2011 Lexi 255 GTS with a backup (reverse) light not working. I see prior posts that indicated the way to replace the light is to push the sealed light into the interior of the molded plastic bumper, rubber grommet and all. Before I go down that rabbit hole only to find that there is no way to retrieve the old light assembly and have, in the process, gained a nice round hole in the back, would any community member please confirm that is the correct approach? If not, what would be the way to replace the backup light? Thanks in advance for your guidance!
LandNSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:19 AM   #2

I have never had the backup light out but have taken out other fixtures with no trouble. Don't understand why someone would say to push them in first since you will have to pull them back out to work on them. They are easy to work on once out and easy to put back in. Fortunately for me I haven't had to work on them but pulled clearance lights to provide access when replacing my rear view system. Also pulled one of the brake lights to look behind it for some reason when I first got the coach. Probably just exploring to see how it is built.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, replacement