Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2023, 09:23 AM   #21

Looking at the pic of the center section that has the subwoofer, is that the original one that sat underneath the dinette?
Where did you get the glass door that covers the center section?
Looks like the one on the left side but smaller
Celticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticrider View Post
Looking at the pic of the center section that has the subwoofer, is that the original one that sat underneath the dinette?
Where did you get the glass door that covers the center section?
Looks like the one on the left side but smaller
Subwoofer in 300SS was in the nose bullet behind the TV which was fixed. I moved the sub a little to the left to make more room for the AV and antenna booster/TV selector. I took some pictures of the finished product.

The glass doors were on each side already and same size. The right one had AV and antenna booster behind it. The center is the TV and mounted on a bracket to swivel out. We replaced the jack-knife sofa with 2 recliners from RecPro. I had to extend the slide platform even with dinette so feet stay on platform. I mounted 3 wheels under it and attached to the slide platform so it moves as one.

I am a woodworker for over 50 years (and still have all 10 fingers!). I made some other mods like make wardrobe into pantry which involved flipping the door to open toward the kitch and adding shelves. There were 3 shallow drawers under that and I turned the bottom 2 into 1 deep drawer but from front it still looks like 3 drawers. Also added shelf to cabinet above stove to fit appliances and then use above for cups/glasses. I also added outlets with USB charging ports (2) as well as the 2 outlets all on one wall plate.

I added pictures. You might need to look up the floorplan for the 300SS to get perspective.

added- I strongly dislike when pictures that looked correct on my computer show up sideways after loading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9707[1].jpg
Views:	26
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	284781   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9708[1].jpg
Views:	24
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	284782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8010.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	284783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8011.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	284784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8012.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	284785  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8014.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	284786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8015.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	284787  
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:37 AM   #23

That looks awesome.
I would like to attempt some mods , but Iím mechanical by trade, better stick with what I know.
We have an 08 300 SS, similar floor plan, but your overhead cabinetry is slightly different.
We have a larger window, storage with satellite control on left, middle is the original Concerto entertainment piece of you know what, and a wooden door storage with the TV mounting on the door on the right.
Our sub is mounted under the dinette seat. This is all factory, so the layout is slightly different from year to year. Very nice job, nice to be able to personalize these units and making them more to our way of using than the generic plans that come out of the factory.
These Lexingtonís are a pretty well built unit compared to some and handle like a car on the Hyway.
The only complaint I have every day is the bed layout.
The smaller unit with the crossways bed and pull out is a better idea.
Otherwise itís very well laid out
Old 03-15-2023, 07:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticrider View Post
That looks awesome.
These Lexingtonís are a pretty well built unit compared to some and handle like a car on the Hyway.
The only complaint I have every day is the bed layout.
The smaller unit with the crossways bed and pull out is a better idea.
Otherwise itís very well laid out
I totally agree on the bedroom layout. I would love to have another 2 feet in length and have it in the BR. With short queen it is difficult to squeeze around the bed. We usually just hop on bed and over to side- to fight with the chase covers along the sides covering pipes and electrical and difficult to walk on. We wanted a new better mattress (which showed up yesterday in a box all rolled up. I was a bit surprised as was expecting a boxed mattress all unrolled. We decided to go with full queen (80" X 60") because it is almost impossible to squeeze along the wall at end of bed. I am not tall (5' 10") but felt cramped on the 75" X 60" short queen. Camping World had mattresses on sale so we opted for a hybrid foam 8" that I think will have a softer top and better support underneath. It is an Arctic Dreams Hybrid by Brooklyn Bedding (in AZ). I was very leary of buying a mattress without being able to lay on it first to assess. This one has a 5.0 for 100 reviews so we decided to pull the trigger. I did stop by local Camping World and the sales lady was very helpful. She looked at the specs and said it looks better than any mattress they sell in the store. We'll see. I need to get original out then figure best way to get the replacement in. I think probably unroll it in the motor home but have visions like a cartoon of my face smashed against a window screaming for help ater being pinned by a mattress!
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 09:40 PM   #25

My 300 SS does this periodically.
Itís more than likely the solenoid, or relay by the batteries.
Itís called an isolator relay.
Easy to test with volt meter.
It will be the solenoid with a flat metal strap attached to one of the large terminals.
If not it, then the delay module under the seat.
Again, easy to check with volt meter

Tags
battery