Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #1

digital wireless backup camera system

I have a backup camera system on my 2008 Lex 255GTS ...the camera and monitor work fine in the garage but when I take the camper out in the sunlight it goes blank? Anyone have suggestions for a fix? This is an after market unit (wireless) that has a very clear picture while it is in the garage...
Kad36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #2

What brand of camera? If we know what you have, folks with the same unit may have recommendations.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 AM   #3

backup camera system

This is a generic Chinese "No Name" setup I bought on ebay...114.00 bux. No more info on it...
Old 09-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad36 View Post
This is a generic Chinese "No Name" setup I bought on ebay...114.00 bux. No more info on it...
I bought one on Amazon that appears to be exactly like the Haloview system, on Prime Day for $112.
Have tested it and it works great and the wireless range is impressive. I still have mount the camera in the middle rear clearance light spot, since my TT was not pre-wired for a camera. Making a plate to mount it to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #5

rear camera

Make sure your headlights are on. Mine, and a lot of them, are wired in with it and won't work without the headlights on. I didn't know and it took me a little while to figure it out.
jaslvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #6

Another thing I found out with my cam is that when the Jeep has automatic head lights on the cam will not work. The headlight switch has to be in the true on position.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #7

backup camera system

Well my system gets the camera power from the center rear marker lamp...also the ignition key operates the monitor. The failure seems to be related to being outside in the sunshine...works fine inside my shop!
Old 09-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #8

well, i typed a long input, but the forum lost it... so here is a shorter version

I have a 2005 255GTS DS and the rear view sux. i sideswiped, while making a lane change, a passing car that appeared out of my blind spot, so I installed Autovox cameras.

I have a wireless system mounted on the license plate frame that I use only for backing up. I plug it into the cigarette lighter as needed. the camera is powered by the reverse light but it could be wired to permanently come on when the ignition is on and serve as a rearview mirror. I just don't like to have to look at a separate monitor to see what's going on behind

I have a wired rearview that the camera is mounted just below the top center clearance light in order to see over the toad, the monitor 'straps' onto the existing inside mirror. works great day and night. (have replaced the original inside mirror in the picture with a smaller one so that the monitor doesn't overhang. wires have been tidied up under the top windshield trim). it also has front and rear recording cameras and GPS and a clock on screen. I REALLY like it...

this posting doesn't answer the OP's question but I know some cameras are light sensitive in order to control day/night lighting. only suggestion I have is to call the supplier

Bill

(I have no clue why the pictures are sideways. if there is other pics or information you might need, maybe I can get it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5731.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	215068   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5734.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	215069  
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #9

The problem is signal from the wireless camera to the receiver. The garage acts like a huge reflection dome and gets the signal to the receiver.
txc0fgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #10

Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005gts View Post
well, i typed a long input, but the forum lost it... so here is a shorter version

I have a 2005 255GTS DS and the rear view sux. i sideswiped, while making a lane change, a passing car that appeared out of my blind spot, so I installed Autovox cameras.

I have a wireless system mounted on the license plate frame that I use only for backing up. I plug it into the cigarette lighter as needed. the camera is powered by the reverse light but it could be wired to permanently come on when the ignition is on and serve as a rearview mirror. I just don't like to have to look at a separate monitor to see what's going on behind

I have a wired rearview that the camera is mounted just below the top center clearance light in order to see over the toad, the monitor 'straps' onto the existing inside mirror. works great day and night. (have replaced the original inside mirror in the picture with a smaller one so that the monitor doesn't overhang. wires have been tidied up under the top windshield trim). it also has front and rear recording cameras and GPS and a clock on screen. I REALLY like it...

this posting doesn't answer the OP's question but I know some cameras are light sensitive in order to control day/night lighting. only suggestion I have is to call the supplier

Bill

(I have no clue why the pictures are sideways. if there is other pics or information you might need, maybe I can get it)

I just gave this a try to see how they posted.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LEXINGTON 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	215123   Click image for larger version

Name:	LEXINGTON 2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	215124  
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post
I just gave this a try to see how they posted.
amazing.... thanks

Bill
Old 09-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #12

Hope that it helped.
txc0fgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #13

a better picture of the rear view monitor

sideways again....

Bill
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6472 (1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	215221  
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #14

Well now that my thread has been hi-jacked....

Hi-jacked!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad36 View Post
Hi-jacked!
sorry to have offended you; just trying to show something that worked everywhere, out of the box.

as I said before, call the vendor

Bill