Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #1

Duotherm ducted 13,500 btu

Time to check why the ducts are not blowing ac, I removed all vents and the interior shroud to ac , snuck a camera in all of them, finding no areas that needed sealing, except 1 and I sealed it,
I tried putting a deflector inside of squirrel cage to direct air into duct chambers a little better then stock, In turn I blocked of with metal the dumping of air to main room,as the plastic shroud does
Drivers side seamed to be better, passenger side was hardly blowing

I have checked all ducts(wich are styrofoam)
No ducts protrude linger then end of vents,
Added a deflector
Sealed all cracks in ac area, ducts,ect ect

I’m thinking on switching to a 15000 btu to get more flow,
The supply electric wire is already a 20 amp kind

What do y’all think?
2006 Lexington 255GTS. Gas v10
spread m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #2

My original roof cooler was a Dometic 13.5 k Penguin cooler that wouldn't cool my camper enough to satisfy me so I put a 15k unit on my 255 GTS and am not happy with the dumb thing! It blows great but is not very cool...maybe just a faulty unit?
Kad36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
Brake is on left

A larger unit is not going to solve air flow issues. If no air is coming out of the vents now, it won’t with a new unit.
Unless I am misunderstanding you, the issue is flow. Not the temperature of the air coming out.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #4

double check the divider between return and supply as well as all seams in the supply plenum (the openings into the ceiling come from that plenum. Get some foil tape and tape all the seams so they are air tight, even tape the divider in place, you only have to remove it to remove the entire unit. See if you can build a dam or turning vane between the blower outlet and the duct holes, anything you can do to eliminate short circuiting the air and lessen air flow resistance (called pressure drop) will increase air flow. But you can't "balance" between outlets, that's a design problem.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #5

Dometic roof cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kad36 View Post
My original roof cooler was a Dometic 13.5 k Penguin cooler that wouldn't cool my camper enough to satisfy me so I put a 15k unit on my 255 GTS and am not happy with the dumb thing! It blows great but is not very cool...maybe just a faulty unit?
As I said "it blows great" but it never gets as cold as I would like...I think this is the nature of the brute! The temp differentiate is approx 15 degrees, barely acceptable in my view.
Kad36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3500, 500